How to ship High value cards from the UK to abroad??

Hello all,

Could anyone possibly shed some light on which services are available to ship cards over the £2500 limit of most general couriers here in th UK please?
I thought DHL would be the one, but all I am getting is a “quick quote”, and like all others, getting a quote based on size of parcel and weight rather than the value.

I am only interested in services which insure collectables over £3500 and onwards.

Any help would be highly appreciated, thank you.

Have you looked into 3rd party shipping insurance companies?

Yes, my friend offered me this service as he works for insurance, however I wasnt sure if that was the only route to go.
Also not too sure about costs, but he did say there would be a fee for the inaurance itself, then postage costs, and then the admin fees on top.

Thanks for your input, really helps.
I just dont want to jump in at the deep end if there’s an easier route.

Well your costs for shipping remain the same from whichever carrier you use. You pay a separate fee for the insurance which is usually not very much(well under 1%). You should ask your friend for a quote or get info from shipsurance or the other sites out there.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’ve never heard of shipsurance, and as for the others I had never known it would had been a problem until it arised today.
If you have any good recommendations, would be much appreciated also - thank you.

1 Like

I would stick to one of the large shippers, you might pay more, but if something happens you will feel better.

Sorry but I dont know what you mean by “Large Shippers”?
Most of the ones I know of will not insure this high :slightly_frowning_face:

Literally ALL couriers will insure far higher than $2500 as that‘s not really a high amount.
Fedex, UPS, DHL, TNT

1 Like

Exactly