How quickly do you check your grades?

, ,

How long do you wait before you check your PSA/BGS/CGC grades? I used to check them immediately, but nowadays I wait until they arrive at my door. There is something special about cracking the box open and seeing the grades for the first time in person.

• I check the grades immediately
  • I wait a few hours/days, but ultimately give in to the curiosity/suspense
  • I wait until the shipment arrives at my door

0 voters

3 Likes

I will just check one I am very excited about…Okay like 2 or 3…all checked.

7 Likes

I’m with you and wait until they are at my door. Lets me have the experience in person.

2 Likes

I should be getting a return soon so I’ll find out again what kind of person I am

1 Like

Since 2020 all but one of my orders was through a middleman. So I couldn’t check grades in advance.

I do enjoy the experience of seeing grades for the first time when the card is in hand. However, it can also be very hard to wait that long when it isn’t required.

2 Likes

I used to be better at waiting until they made it to me, but when things were taking months to get from assembly to shipped I started checking using the workaround in the set registry. Now it’s hard to break the habit! Haha

1 Like

They removed the glitch

2 Likes

Half of the fun is the big reveal!

1 Like

Oh really? That’s probably good for me, haha. It worked on my last submission a few weeks ago, so that must be new!

Yeah about a week ago actually. The day before my last one hit assembly so i missed out on it

2 Likes

Good to know! That too bad on your end of things though! Hopefully increased speed will mean it’s easier to wait!

Same lmao when can u check grades now? I wanna just see a few … :eyes:

I write a handwritten letter to Ludkins every day to check on the status of my cards. My letters look something like the letter in Stan by Eminem.

6 Likes

I can never resist the temptation to avoid looking when I submit direct through PSA. That being said, I’ve greatly enjoyed revealing the grades live when I submit via a middleman and don’t know until I open the package. I always record return videos so watching them back to see my reaction to turning over some epic 10s is always fun!

5 Likes

I’m honestly surprised how many people wait to see the grades! I usually preview a few and then see the rest when they arrive.

2 Likes

I am shocked too! Maybe the majority of the waiting group is forced into that decision because they submit through middlemen.

1 Like

Would it matter for anyone if the cards were exclusively for your PC vs planning to sell? I would wait regardless, but would be more tempted if I was selling so I could do some spreadsheet work in advance.

The only other time I submitted before my last one took about 18 months too, so waiting until they get here, even if it takes 6 months, doesn’t seem so bad :slight_smile:

2 Likes