Does PSA release grades earlier now?

I’ve got about 4 orders pending with PSA atm, they’ve switched to a different way of viewing orders (yucky).

When i click into an order that’s in progress, it shows the 8 steps.

There has always been 8 steps with the final two prior to shipping being QACheck 1 and QACheck2.

They have now consolidated QACheck 1 and QACheck2 into 1 step (the last step before shipping).

Interestingly, the order status now shows the second last step (step 6) as being ‘Grades released’

Is this a new feature? It’s pretty neat, although it would suck to see some high grades being dropped after ‘QAChecks’ taking place.

1 Like

On the phone app, i still see the normal steps and grades arent revealed till its shipped. Id check the website on computer but im not home right now

Here is an example of what i’m talking about, it shows me this on both mobile and desktop site:

2 Likes

interesting maybe i need to update the app

Yes, PSA now reveals the grades earlier (right after sealing cards into slabs) so you can choose to have some of your order forwarded to Vault or Goldin based on grades. Here’s their official announcement:

However past experiences tell us that PSA can change the grades if they found something wrong in QA stages. How they’re going to deal with similar situations now that customers know the grades before QA is something that we’ll have to keep watching.

4 Likes

Wait, no more QA2 limbo?

2 Likes

I assure you there will still be a limbo

7 Likes

Qa1 and qa2 combined into one step. Conspiracy theorists will say it’s a fake step!

2 Likes

Just had an order completed. I did not see grades until shipped unfortunately. Also, I cant see an easy image of the completed card. I have to copy and paste the cert to then verify it. The new system sucks lol

I just had an order complete grading and was able to view scans and grades in the app easily. Maybe you were just unlucky there.

1 Like

Yeah I was on mobile site/desktop site. Don’t have the app. Maybe will have to get that

I would. The flip reveal feature is great.

2 Likes

I noticed this too yesterday/today. Coincidentally my bulk order went from Assembly to QA1 to charged/grades are now ready extremely quickly (about 4 days). Not sure if coinciding with this step change or PSA improving the turnarounds now or what.

I think its because your order was far progressed under the original process. Im sure any new submissions you make or aleady have that are earlier in the process, will benefit from being able to see the grades prior to QAcheck.

Hope there was some nice results :slight_smile:

1 Like

How long have you been in asembly? I have a 30 card bulk thats been in Asembly for 2 weeks so far

I knew my results before sending it in so not a big deal for me! Lol It was a crossover Babe Ruth vintage card that was “altered”

I was in assembly maybe 2 days. Moved real fast past assembly. Originally sent in July 5th

Interestingly, i had two of my orders jump to grading in the last few hours. perhaps the status of orders were frozen for a few days while they were implementing the new view.

Same for me actually! (on my single remaining order). Took three weeks+ to get inputted after it was delivered but then only spent 48 hours in research before jumping to grading this morning. Also the beta reverted to the usual PSA order page for me which I’m happy about

1 Like

How do you get out of set registry on the app to view orders/subs?