How much does the PWCC Vault cost?

I have been thinking of putting a couple of my slabs into my vault at pwcc although I was wondering if it’s an expensive process ?

For example I want to put my masters scroll and Porygon fan club slabs in my vault but do they charge me for adding those slabs based off their value or how much it’s insured for ? Any hidden charges I may need to know of kind of thing sending PWCC items to be vaulted ?

I could email them and ask but for me they take for ever too get back

So if anyone knows in the community I appreciate your help with these questions :pray:t2:

No, it’s free.

2 Likes

Until you withdraw it

2 Likes

Correct

1 Like

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/vault

Free for any card, ticket or other standard-size slab with a market value of $50 or greater. Just a $3, one-time fee for items less than $50. Assets submitted to Auction or sold in 30 days are always free, regardless of value.

1% fulfillment fee applies to any asset which is fulfilled out of the PWCC Vault.

This fee is increased to 3% if the asset is removed within 90 days of archival.

Additionally:

• you will need to pay shipping fees to ship back from the vault
  • you may be hit with customs fees if shipping back outside the US
4 Likes

I’m a big fan and all my slabs are stored in the vault. It saves me a ton of money when I buy cards and send them there. You just don’t want to send a lot of low value cards at one time to rack up $3 charges.

I’ve only had one issue when I drop shipped a card to a buyer in NY and USPS lost it. I only ding PWCC as they don’t allow you to select your shipping method.

The only other few gripes are sometimes shipping has been slow, loading your cards into your vault can be slow, sometimes their fair market value for insurance is ridiculously low, and I do not sell any cards in auctions there as I feel you get pennies on the dollars vs eBay.

2 Likes

Shipping to them as I would use UPS would I just send as gift as it’s not a sale ?

Would I receive notifications that PWCC has the package ?

Thank you for your help by the way :pray:t2:

Where are you shipping from?

Ontario , Canada

2 Likes

Oh wow you live pretty close to me.

It doesn’t really matter how you ship to them, but when you want to pull your items out there is a 99% chance CBSA will hit you with customs

I’m in the GTA area ! lol

Happy too know I won’t have a huge charge when I send them the cards I want , I guess I will just keep them there until I want too sell them through the platform as yeah those costs can be super lethal :smiling_face_with_tear:

That was my biggest fear , having a huge cost when shipping out too them , what ever I choose too have them valued at with UPS for insurance is that the price they will insure it for when they put it in my vault ?

1 Like

They come up with their own insured value based on their own sold data and esitmations

2 Likes

Also, if you trade it to someone else’s vault, they have to pay the fee’s again. Learned this quite recently and I’m not super sure why they put it in place (besides adding another fee), however I’d already done the transfer so it wasn’t like I could say no to the fee; if you don’t pay it, they limit access to your account until you pay (unlike when you fail to pay for items won at auction where they just ban you from future auctions).

1 Like

You both live close to me! An added warning; if you choose to ship them back to you, they will label the full value of the card listed in the vault at initial appraisal, so if it’s high, you will get hit hard with customs fees on the way back (and I don’t suggest trying to ask them to send it as a gift, I still don’t know why on earth I thought that would work, but you live and learn lol).

1 Like

Thank you all for your help on this , makes me think sending them too my vault will be a good option too keep them safe , I’m hoping it doesn’t take them too long too put them into my vault ounce I get notifications that it’s been signed and arrived at pwcc

Make sure to reach out to them before as they can provide an insured label for your items too and just charge you for it. Hopefully this applies in Canada too.