How many ?

in 2011 I opened half a 1st edition fossil booster box, kinda regret doing that now lol.

In the beginning, I opened many of every release as they came out. Out of the Base boxes below I got well over a hundred Charizards:)
My most recent opening was a 1st Base box who’s cards I’m grading now.

14 Likes

Aquapolis and Skyridge. 2010ish? Low $200s each

1 Like

I have opened 3 whole boxes and own 5 sealed and 1 resealed box in my collection.

The resealed box is oddly enough a neo destiny box that I purchased from a guy in Hawaii for 600 bucks. I bought 3 total from him, opened 2 and kept one reasealed as is. Every box has 36 packs, but was opened because the guy that sold them put a price sticker on every pack for 3.99 before placing in back in the box. Packs are all good and I have sold quite a few with no issue, plus you can’t weigh shinings. Added bonus, he threw a bunch of hawaiian macadamia nuts in with each purchase! Yum!

I got all my boxes before the big price boom occurred for sealed product. Just about a year or two prior to 2016. I cant really buy more now since it costs to damn much…

2 Likes

Opened a Gym Challenge (UNL) booster box almost 2 years ago. Keeping a 1st Ed. Base Set Spanish box sealed for ever i guess. :blush:

1 Like

Around 200+ Ive never sold any of my empty boxes.

16 Likes

@pokemonrevolution,

I kept some empty boxes but I wish I had them all;)

1 Like

I have never opened at WoTC box. Opened a few packs back in the day, but man I would love to open some of these. If I ever strike it rich, 1st Ed Base here I come! Shoot I’d love to just open unlimited Base!

None, and I don’t think that will ever change. Even as a kid I didn’t open that much from the WotC era. I might even remember every sealed product (mostly packs) I opened as a kid actually (all in English unlimited edition):

• 1 Base Set booster pack (first pack ever)
  • 2 Jungle booster packs
  • 1 Fossil LockDown Deck
  • 1 Base Set 2 Hot Water Deck (second Deck)
  • 1 Base Set 2 booster packs
  • 2 Team Rocket booster packs
  • 1 Gym Challenge booster pack

After that usually 2-4 booster packs for each of the other WotC generation sets (Neo Genesis through Skyridge; skipping Legendary Collections). The last pack I opened was a Legendary Collections booster pack a few years after that on a second-hand marketplace. But, because it contained a Reverse Foil Moltres and two of the exact same Slowpoke cards (it was an error pack), as well as being reprints from earlier sets, I initially thought the pack was fake. Only later on I realized it was indeed real and a reprinted set similar as Base Set 2 (with the addition of the weird-looking Fireworks Reverse Foil). :blush:

But again, never opened any booster boxes of the WotC era, and I don’t plan on ever changing that. If I ever get my hands on a booster box, opening them is the last thing I would think of… All singles can be bought online, and the sealed boxes themselves will only become scarcer and rarer as more are opened. And unlike loads of others, I can get nostalgic feelings by opening let’s say XY Evolution booster packs just as much as their original, haha. :wink: Much cheaper if you’d ask me.

PS: I do open Korean and Japanese booster boxes for the XY and SM eras thus far. Buying a Korean Booster box is usually the same price as one or two Common Pikachu cards + middleman fees + shipping anyway. So why buy those two cards, when I can buy 150 cards by opening packs, containing those same 1-2 cards almost 95% guaranteed anyway. :laughing: (Korean promos or Ultra/Secret Rares is a completely different story of course…)

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

How recently was that boxed opened? :thinking:

@kpod the picture looks early/mid 2000s to me

I opened one 1st ed Gym Challenge Box in 2017. I opened one packet a week, which lasted 9 months so I stretched it out! I wish I got back into Pokemon a lot earlier than I did because opening that box has been the most satisfying thing yet.

3 Likes

@kpod,

It’s been forever brother. I saved the boxes for years. I think I ended up selling dozens to someone here on E4?

That’s what I envision myself doing with my boxes

Unlimited gym heroes
1st edition Team Rocket
1st edition jungle
1st edition fossil

2 Likes

You really get to appreciate the whole set, espec the commons and uncommons. I had a list of all the cards and it was fun ticking off everything as I went, not just the rares.

I want to do the same thing but can’t settle on a box that I don’t fear rising exorbinately sealed.

1 Like