How many people here are collecting no rarity base Set?

I’m very fond of No Rarity since it’s got such a reputation and isn’t a well known collection to those who don’t collect japanese or are very casual collectors.

Who here has a complete ungraded or graded set regardless of grade?

I have a ungraded set. I sent in a few weeks ago. And for graded I only plan on getting the kanto starters

1 Like

I will or should i say am going to go for a graded 9 or 10 set got a couple of holos at the moment and got a couple at psa now also have a mint non holo set that i will grade eventually want to complete the holos first through and i will display it once i have it all graded :blush:

I have a bunch of ungraded no rarity Charizards and Topsun Charizards with the missing set number. Hopefully one day they become just as sought after as english base set.

1 Like

I’m just trying to complete the Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam set. Just missing Kadabra. I’m curious where do you guy buy them at?

I would use caution if you plan on extending yourself on any anomaly like these. The reason is they aren’t errors. Like so many things like these, they are fun but the fall will occur. Investment? No! Fun factor? Sure!

5 Likes

Graded or not graded?

incoming pokemonsyndicate roast

2 Likes

ungraded

Just keep your eye on eBay or see if anyone here has one. If im having a hard time with eBay my next move is Yahoo Japan auctions. You’ll have to sift through a lot of items but you should find one. That’s how i found two of my ungraded Charizards.

Hey we care deeply about our syndicate, but it don’t mean it changes anything :blush:

I have a NR Zard. Great card, proud to own it. It’s the earliest Charizard in the TCG, what’s not to love?

2¢: Probably not a huge investment, but if you’re a purist when it comes to collecting the earliest of something this is the set for you. Japanese No Rarity Base Set kinda slaps the English 1st edition in the face since No Rarity cards were printed (~1st~) 2 if not 3 years prior to the English set. Aesthetic value? Big time, Rapid bubble inflation? Probably not. Just know that No Rarity Japanese Base Set cards are actually twice if not thrice as rare than its English counterpart and that’s a fact.

3 Likes

For me it’s all for the collection. Maybe I can’t afford to have a complete English 1st edition base set but I collect Japanese and this is the equivalent of our 1st edition.

I’ll tell you the truth. I have never gotten a request for a no rarity and I sell loads of 1990s Japanese…especially base. The only interest I’ve ever seen is here on e4 and that’s only after my boy Pokesyn started touting it up like buried gold.

Now two more things. As some here know I have my original set and many dupes so I hope I’m wrong cause I have been wrong before. Way more often right than wrong though.
Secondly, back in the 1980s when cell phones were the size of bricks, I said it was a useless fad and would never catch on lol. For sure, I’m not always right;)

1 Like

I want a no rarity base charizard and mewtwo. If anyone has ungraded for trade/sale pm me. I will even take a beat up poor condition no rarity charizard.

and this was said by you 5+ years ago as where now as expected even a psa 5-6 no rarity japanese costs a pretty penny

6 year bump to dog on Gary. Impressive

18 Likes

6 years or 20 years he was wrong so yes. i dont care if it’s gary or who everyone are people normal people not superman so everyone can make mistakes. its a fact.

1 Like