How do you store your cards in Card Savers?

Hello everyone,

I was wanting to get some insight to how you all store your cards that you keep in card savers. I prefer to keep my cards in the card savers because I feel that they do the best job in securing the cards. I keep them all within a penny sleeve and the card saver, just like a card I would send to PSA. As of now I just store them in the card saver boxes but want to see if there is a more observing solution. Something that allows for you to view the cards more easily like a binder. Thought about the Ultra Pro 4-pocket pages but if I do this I would have to tape down the top to avoid it from sliding side to side when flipping the pages. Which actually looks nice, but then I can take the card out as easily to closely view the card. :confused:

Any solutions or recommendations?

Current Storage: nppokemon on Instagram: "About to reorganize my card saver card collections. Many videos and collection post to come! How to you store your card savers? 💪🔥👍"

4-poket idea:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7QInjId_mk
(Downside would be having to tape the tops)

Thanks!

1 Like

I use the Cardboard Gold Card Saver 1s with regular penny sleeves. I have thousands of the Thick penny sleeves but never tried them in a Card Saver. I’ll try that out.

Then I keep them in graded card boxes. I like to take them out and handle them without being restricted by a binder.

Whatever you do, don’t use tape anywhere or you’re going to get spanked;)

8 Likes

Going to use this phrase when I request shipping details from eBay sellers.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know how people get their cards into these things easily. I sent some cards to grade recently and I kept having difficulty putting the cards inside - was worried I’d harm the edges of them.

I personally get a ruler and slide it in the cardsaver to use as a backboard for the card to slide in easily

3 Likes

You may have just saved my sanity. I’ll have to try this out. Thank you!

1 Like

Maybe it’s just a matter of getting used to. I have no difficulty at all but I’ve done a huuuuuuge amount of them.

1 Like

I’ve definitely felt that before, but what I’ve done is opened up the card saver first and then squeezed the sides just slightly. Card slides right in.

1 Like

I agree. This is what I do. Squeeze card saver slightly with right hand and insert card in the penny sleeve with left. If it needs a bit more then I squeeze the card saver slightly with my left and push the card further down with my right. On one of smpratte’s videos he shows how he does it and how he stores his cards.

He actually pushes the card down a bit from the top with his finger inside the penny sleeve. I’ve tried it and it helps.

I store mine in these nice boxes from a store here in the UK call Ryman, they fit the perfectly width ways and height so they can’t get any dust or cat hair !

Plus there’s individual compartments so I can separate sets, and since there trays I can take them out in one lot to organise them.
I have a bunch of these boxes for other cards as well.

:blush:

Those look good. I like it.

2 Likes

@garyis2000, @cman, @prochaos, @alecpokemon,

Do any of you have the Ultra Pro "card savers as well as the CS1’s? Are the Card Saver 1’s wider than the Ultra Pro brand? If the CS1’s are wider then that would solve my issue of them silding back and forth in the 4 pockets.

Thanks

I have some of both if you would like some comparison photos ?

I’ve noticed no differences. I don’t pay close attention to such things though.

Hey King,
I watched one of your videos where you recommend CardSharkz. Do you still think that is the best option?
Additionally, is there any concerns with dust or other particles getting in and damaging the cards when using only penny sleeves + Card Saver/CardSharkz? Assuming I store in a box, I would would still be pulling the collection out to look at often and this is my biggest concern.

Much appreciated!

@platinumj, Posts in threads with a last post of over two months ago are against the rules.