How can I participate in eBay Bucks?

Hello! Is eBay bucks still working? I would like to know how can I enroll to the campaign but I don’t know if it’s still possible, I have been collecting for a year and two months and my ebay account is less than two years old. Thank you for helping :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly ebay bucks aren’t rational. No one really knows how the algorithm works. I’ve been enrolled since the beginning, and received them recently each month but years ago would rarely get a coupon.

1 Like

I’ve had the same eBay account since 2007 and E4 is the first place I ever heard of eBay Bucks. It looks like registration is closed for it? At least in the US

1 Like

I always get a 5% incentive after I have spent a certain undefined amount of money, presumably so I keep spending money. But it is very annoying to spend $400 and get an email promoting 5% rewards for 48 hours.

2 Likes

I have never seen them, just discovered because of your instagram stories haha, I remember that during the first months of this year I received 100 points for every 100€ spent (1€ per every 100€ spent) but they disappeared in March and never saw anything like that again

Yeah apparently after this date you can’t keep earning the 1% if you weren’t already enrolled before

Have had my account since 2001 and never get the 5% offers, ever. The 1% was retired to push people into their credit card which is actually a decent deal if you use eBay often

1 Like

Yea ive tried looking into this several times and never have got an answer. I still dont know how to participate in eBay bucks, it kinda seems like its no longer open to enroll, so if you havent already, you cant now. If anyone knows tho, pls do hmu

This thread made me realize that eBay bucks is apparently closed for enrollment and is a legacy promotion that’s only randomly and unpredictably offered.

I get a 5% promotion every month, although it doesn’t follow any sort of schedule. The offers typically follow purchases I’ve made, which is always annoying since I obviously don’t intend on spending more money. I thought that was just a coincidence that it always seemed to happen that way.

Until now I thought eBay Bucks was a scheduled thing every month that was available to every user. But this is not the case?

1 Like

I used to get eBay bucks offers frequently, but now just get them randomly a couple times a year. My account is from 2011.

My account is from 2006 and I used to get the offers all the time. Haven’t had an ebay bucks offer since about 2020ish.

The 5% offers are always scheduled in the sense that they’re not random, they’re active for everyone that qualifies at the same time. It’s just a matter of if your account actually qualifies for that specific promotion at that time.

It’s definitely based around being semi active and spending money, you can’t just have an eBay account that you never buy anything with and get the offer.

1 Like

Yeah I know, I have been purchasing cards regularly during the last year but never received anything

1 Like

The eBay credit card is basically total crap. You get 3X points on eBay until you spend over $1000, then it’s 5x points.

However, 1500 points is $10 rather than 1500 points being $15 like most credit cards. Meaning they’re trying to trick you into thinking you’re getting 5% cash back in points, but really you’re getting about 3% back.

Also, buying from international sellers doesn’t count. On top of all of that, your points can only be redeemed for use on eBay purchases which then don’t earn you points on the purchases you paid for with points. Overall, it’s not great, even if you spend a lot on eBay.

The PayPal card for example gives you 2% cash back on all purchases, regardless of where you use it (compared to .66% on eBay’s card) and 3% cash back when you use PayPal (which you’re already doing on eBay, and on most online purchases. It also comes in the form of actual cash back, the day after the charge clears.

Anyway I just wanted to mention it because the PayPal card is by far the best option if you make a lot of online purchases, including eBay.

3 Likes

I’ve reached out to eBay about the program and they told me it is closed to the general public. It seems only the people who have previously successfully opted into the program in the past receive these promotions

Is there a drawback? That sounds pretty sweet.

(Drawback other than working with PayPal, I mean.)

1 Like

Same, and its very annoying. The last time I’d be wanting to spend money impulsively for 5% ebay bucks is after I just spent hundreds already.

I wish they’d just give it randomly in between large purchases because their ebay bucks offers always go unused for me because of their big brain idea to offer it after I’ve exhausted recent funds.

No, it’s fantastic. The vast majority of credit cards give you 1% back on everything, and up to 5% back on very specific things (travel, restaurants, whatever).

The PayPal card gives you 2% back on everything (very few cards do this, the main ones I know of are the Citi Double Cash card and a Wells Fargo card) and 3% back on any PayPal purchase.

I guess the “downside” is there are no very specific 5% cash back things with this card, but to me that’s not a drawback considering if you just use it for PayPal stuff you’re getting the 3% back on most online purchases since most places accept PayPal.

The icing on the cake is it appears as a withdraw-able balance the day after the charge clears, so you can immediately send it to your bank account if you want. Usually you’d need to wait for the entire statement to clear and reset to a new month.

1 Like

eBay Bucks…
*See rules for Fizzbin.

Same here