How bad are print lines on WOTC holos?

I’ve tried to search the forum for this, but unfortunately I could only find threads that went about reverse foil print lines (and particularly Legendary Collection reverse foils), so that’s why I’m asking here.
How will print lines affect the grade of cards that otherwise seem to be a PSA 10 candidate?No scratches, perfect centering, no whitening on the edges and no noticeable silvering.
I’m looking at a Neo Genesis holo that has a print line but otherwise appears to be in a very good state, though I know Neo Genesis is also a set that is notoriously hard to grade, but is that because it is so hard to pull an acceptable card, or because the cards are being judged tougher?

Print lines in Neo Genesis are AWFUL, can’t begin to count how many i’ve had that were prefect with those stupid straight print lines on the holo. As for the grade, expect an 8 or 9 based on the print lines, i’ve heard of PSA 10s with a single print line, but never that luck for me.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you for your experiences!
I think with some care I can take the risk on a PSA 9, valuewise it wouldn’t be a bad thing and I might even keep it for my own collection, a PSA 8 is less nice however… I guess that depends on the overall mintness of the card though then.

It also depends on how noticeable the line(s) is/are on the holo. Some lines are deeper than others and show more prominently on a lighter hued holo.

This is completely on point! So many neo cards I have seen that look to be 10s, then those print lines ding them to 8s! On side note I know Chansey from base set is know for holo foil print lines/ scratching so those tend to get 8s mostly!