Printer lines effect on PSA grading?

Most of my experience is with sealed product, so I’ve actually never submitted to PSA. I usually keep all my cards in binders instead of PSA cases, but starting to feel like grading a bunch of my old neo/ex set holos. However I’ve noticed that, particularly for ex dragon frontiers and ex deoxys, there’s some faint lines on some holos.

Notice the line passing through the right wing when held at the right angle in the correct lighting. Does anyone with experience know how this affects grading and how big of a deal it is? I’ve found some info on misprint cards and damaged cards, but couldn’t find anything about this type of defect in particular.

They will take it into account. No one can tell for sure, but they might very well deduct a point for this printline being pretty apparent. I submitted a few EX cards, the ones I had with printlines maxed out at 9s.

4 Likes

This came up recently and somebody here that submits a lot of Delta Species era cards said the print lines don’t matter on those sets because they’re from the seams of the holo sheets, not factory damage.

2 Likes

My experience: PSA is relatively lenient with these. Yet extremely strict with print lines on the legendary collection reverse holos. Doesnt make sense but

2 Likes

That is correct. I have seen PSA 10 copies with those lines clearly visible, on both Charizard and Mew. For some reason with the gold stars, they treat those lines differently than they do the wizards of the coast printing lines.

4 Likes

That’s really strange. I guess it’s not as bad as I thought. Thanks for the info guys

That’s correct. I have all the dragon frontier ex cards in PSA 10 and just about all of them have print lines. Agree, seems like PSA has a different approach for these kinds of lines.

1 Like