Help Valuing 1999 Booster Box

Just jumping on this thread for another price evaluation?

Having trouble accurately verifying Ebay sales. Is base unlimited really nearing 20,000 USD?

1 Like

To my knowledge, yes, there have been several sales at or around $20k.

Haha…BINGO;)

1 Like

Yes. One went privately that I know of recently for 19.5. (Mint)

If by 50% higher you mean 300+% higher. How far to the top of the mountain? Who knows?

Well here’s my situation. I held off buying a sealed box for a while and here I am again…

Its painful because of prices relative to even a few months ago, but how many times has this conversation happened and will potentially still happen?

A general rule is buy when you can, instead of trying to time the market.

2 Likes

This is why I stopped holding off on purchases :laughing:

Agree 100%. It is impossible to buy and sell at the perfect time. All you can do is try to make the best decision you can with the information that is available at the time. You’ll win some and lose some.

It’s very hard to see these going down. How much would the price need to go down before an investor or collector swooped them all of the market?

For items like a base unl boxes, there is too much demand that will absorb the supply if the market suddenly becomes saturated. These box prices can possibly decrease a bit - but how much they will decrease, if at all, is impossible to gauge

I agree with other members - buy it when you can

4 Likes

Funny enough do I remember a few years back people saying, they couldn’t see base set unl. rise because of the huge amont of supply haha. Not saying I was disagreeing og agreeing. But nobody is saying that now without saying it was a joke :grin:

People still say that today. They like to talk supply but not demand.

1 Like

How funny is all this guys? When this thread was created they were saying 6-7k. HAHAH! Blue wings are selling for 15k+ now. Amazing. And I agree with the previous responses completely about how it is impossible to ever go down again. They are running out, and it’s one of those things where if it ever, EVER goes down more than 20% or so, the psychology will be too much to bear. Myself included. People would buy them well sooner than any period in which they drop further. Example–green wings selling at 20k now. If you dangled one for 15 on the market from now until the end of history it would sell in a heartbeat.

20k will be the new floor in less than a months time

1 Like

I had thought blue winged boxes already hit 20k.

Whether 15k or 20k, the fact that it’s gone up 100(+)% from May 2020 is absurd. Weren’t these like 3k in Feb?