HELP!! Question about Theme Decks

Hi everyone!

My name is André and I am from Portugal, I’m from 92, so I was hit right in the stomach by the Pokémon madness of the 1999-2001 in Europe. I have been slowly collecting WOTC sets but now with some financial freedom I am planning to gain a bit more momentum… and that is why I come to you with some questions.

I am on the verge of purchasing a few quantities of old Pókemon Theme Decks from a seller that I am not sure has the legit product or not. So if possible I would kindly ask you to spend some seconds looking at these sample images that I requested from the seller and if possible tell me if its the real deal or I should pass this one:

app.box.com/s/o93xra1o3uerf4wryorvx7wrrzrdpjw2

I have been loving the forum! I knew about it before but only now I am discovering all of its hidden secrets and I hope will add value and become a part of this community of cardboard lovers.

Thank you very much for your help!
André

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the fourum.

They look fine to me though I never heard of people faking those decks before anyway.

What’s the story with them? Were you expecting shadowless? What prices is he charging you?

Hi and thank you!

So a friend of a friend hooks me up with this guy. He has a lot of stuff but he is a bit confusing with his messages, which is ok but puts my me a bit off. Despite that, afterwards, he says that he doesn’t have everything with him, that it is a family business and the products are distributed among family members (sister, uncle, etc), another red flag for me.

However when I look at the photos, and I spent all day yesterday comparing them, I don’t find a difference, and that’s why I came to you. This adding the fact that he is asking way bellow market value for these decks, makes me question, should I pass or should I grab it?

The decks are regular, not shadowless. :blush:

His “story” puts me off a little bit too but as long as you can transact in a protected way you should be fine. Not sure I would trust him without your money protected though.

Thank you!

I will go ahead, a friend will see the decks in hand before getting them and open one to check inside. Let’s see the outcome :grin: