Hasbro lays off nearly 20% of its workers two weeks before Christmas

Rudy be mad

Sad news for those affected :frowning:

7 Likes

I watched this and its not actually about hasbro laying off workers. I guess it was a meme title lol

1 Like

Even if you have to lay off 20% of your workforce - do it after the holidays. Let that loss come in the new fiscal year and let your workers have a moment of peace with their families before you ruin their financial security.

12 Likes

WOTC losing the rights to Pokemon was the biggest blessing this tcg could ask for.

Feel awful for the families affected

9 Likes

This is really sad. I also think this is deliberate to avoid the holiday pay due to the Christmas week off along with the New Years. I guess it helps with the executive bonus next year.

I hope the families find strength!

Cheers!

I don’t know much of the history from back then, but wow WotC is awful today. I won’t play Magic because they are so objectionable. Hasbro ought to let go of everyone leading that division for its own sake.

Pokemon is what forced them to sell to Hasbro. WOTC pre Hasbro was different than WOTC post Hasbro. Benefit of the doubt, it would be interesting to see what they would have been if they remained independent.

1 Like

Guess kids aren’t into toys much anymore when every 4th graders has a smart phone now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/18gt3nm/got_caught_up_in_the_recent_hasbro_layoffs/

1 Like

he has another one

1 Like

sad to see

I am sure they were much different. I still think it was for the best. Pokemon handles their IP pretty well imo. I’d have no confidence with WOTC still running the show just like mtg players have no confidence rn

1 Like

For sure! Pokemon does a great job! I just wonder how much of wotc’s recent decisions were pressured from Hasbro.

Id wager it’s most if not all pressure from hasbro.

4 Likes