has Covid brought in new collectors?

How are you gonna gatekeep collecting on a collector’s forum? lmao

1 Like

I’m going to walk away as I do not want any conflict

@hyruleguardian , It’s a good thing I said what if, I just wanted to know how many holos seeingdouble had to be so rude to me today. @seeingdouble You think having expensive cards means you can be rude, shame on you.

The bigger man. What a great.

4 Likes

Got me digging in my closet only to find some rare cards and jump back in after close to 3 years of not collecting. Feels great to be back.

9 Likes

Ok, I’m pretty sure you’re just trolling at this point. “I do ask the Magic community be considerate during corona times to purchase only 1 card a month until they the feel for Pokemon cards” – why do you think you have the standing to tell people how much of something they should buy? If the influx of people was entirely just investors, then I’d understand your frustration (though I’d still disagree with you). But the vast majority of new people buying Pokemon cards (I would imagine) are either total collectors or hybrid collector/investors. I think it’s highly unlikely that there are people entirely unfamiliar with Pokemon who just decided to invest in the game on a whim. People who understand the investibility of Pokemon likely also understand the appeal and why it’s investible. They understand the nostalgia that drives the market and most probably have nostalgia attached to it, too. I know that, personally, seeing certain Pokemon cards brings back very, very fond memories and reacquiring them now, as an adult, is emotionally meaningful. I understand that you’re frustrated that many cards are becoming unobtainable for you and others, but that’s just how it works when there’s not enough supply to meet the demand.

3 Likes

every time dblast posts, i buy 1 more PSA 7 Dark Blastoise

5 Likes

@zorloth , Well I hope the new magic folks coming in are nice. These poke dudes are pretty rude sometimes. I will not reiterate, but you know about conservation already. :blush:

You think that’s helping me but really I do not think so.

In your ideal world, where would you like the pokemon hobby to be right now? Would it be better if people moved out of the hobby and the collectables lost demand, similar to what happened with Beanie Babies?

1 Like

was referring to @bbqcat ,

@dblast,

15 Likes

Control yourself, its nice to be considerate to others. This topic is more about if coronavirus brought you back to pokemon. I just mention corona thoughts. Not a thread for look at what I’m buying.

Like any community, MTG has a mix of people. In my experience, the MTG community is much, much less diverse. Relative to Pokemon the audience is slightly older, somewhat nerdier (in an old-school D&D sort of way), significantly whiter, and way more male. But, generally, I would say MTG has a great community and any migration from there over to here will not have a negative impact. If anything, the MTG community lacks some of the toxic elements of the Pokemon community like this whole Dan Bilzerian-esque Instagram subculture that Pokemon has – no real equivalent for Magic. Except for those terrible people who post their $25k fully foil Japanese original printing EDH decks on Reddit :wink:. In all seriousness, I wouldn’t worry.

2 Likes

The aroma of Magic is before us. Welcome, my friends. May they be conservative, not rudy-esque. I hope i didn’t set off anybody because I am trying to welcome you. As seeingdouble mentioned, I may not be reflective of common pokemon community group as I am very nerdy and I really need the pokemon cards.

I don’t know what you mean by dan blitzerian-esque. I’m posting ungraded reverse holo snoms from the sword shield set. It’s a different caliber I’d say. What do you mean magic folks are more in their career and are u suggested they are dropping big bucks on pokemon? They have tons of magic cards they haven’t collected yet, why today?

@dblast, driving up the Dark Blastoise market. I may grab one also.

1 Like

I’m not sure how welcoming it is to demand that they only purchase one card a month lol. Few people are “Rudy-esque;” he’s just a meme and no one with two brain cells takes him seriously. No such thing as “needing” Pokemon cards – if anything, you’ll find it much more satisfying to acquire the cards you want gradually.

1 Like

It was more of a light/heavily appreciated suggestion. I don’t control your wallets. I just ask you to be nice… I believe the OP wanted to know if Corona brought folks back into Pokemon, or whats doing it for you guys? Please don’t misunderstand, I’m here to better the community.

I don’t intend to be rude, but with any aspect that involves money, it does not care about whether you can survive or not within the market. It sucks, I know!

You have strong opinions throughout different posts, and you should stay focused on what you like. Don’t worry if anyone agrees with what you like… it doesn’t matter. I assume you are younger than many people in this community. I advise that instead of arguing with a people who disagree with you, try to learn about why they think the way they do. IMO, 99% of the time you can learn something you didn’t see before.

The fact that you don’t have as much money as others (not meant as an insult) means you will search harder for better deals which will pay off later on.

Now I am the guy who ran off on a tangent :laughing:

1 Like

@jawsh98 , so far I learned the magic guys are coming after my pokemon cards. May they breathe well today. I’ve already welcomed them. I’m not sure there is more to ask aside from why did they join my community? I’m really trying to walk away, you guys aren’t making it easy for me. I’ve multiple times directed back to if people are rejoining pokemon cards because of the corona? Focus?