has Covid brought in new collectors?

I honestly don’t understand what you’re saying? You’d prefer Magic people not buy Pokemon cards? I’m a Magic person, and I love the game and the cards but Pokemon is much more nostalgic for me. I got back into Pokemon collecting several months before the pandemic, but being home has made me spend a lot on Pokemon cards. Without paper MTG being a thing (for the time being), I’ve felt less and less inclined to have a large amount of money wrapped up into it. I view the influx of interest in Pokemon from MTG collectors as a positive thing. These are, generally speaking, not people who are going to be temporarily into it – many (if not most) MTG people grew up with Pokemon and evolved into playing MTG as teenagers. MTG players/collectors are almost all in the 20-40 age range, so it’s basically all people highly familiar with Pokemon. Honestly, the more the merrier, in my view.

2 Likes

Don’t worry someone will take him back to the sandbox soon.

2 Likes

Why would you not want the hobby you enjoy to grow? There’s really only one reason and that’s money. More people means more demand thus higher prices and some collectors get priced out. Someone making a comment like this is likely in the category of individuals ‘getting priced out’

I couldn’t disagree more with this opinion

but I’m a ‘hobby switcher’ sooo what do I know? :blush:

1 Like

Here we go again haha. Dblast for president! He is our fearless leader haha

2 Likes

@zorloth, you joined before the coronatime craze then. I have no quarrel with you, and you confirmed the idea that pokemon cards maybe more profitable then Magic. I am not sure we need to share this information. They can figure it out?

I love the people joining for the nostalgia, the ones buying it for the 2 year old and converting from magic crew is not favorable for me buying more cards at a reasonable rate. I do ask the Magic community be considerate during corona times to purchase only 1 card a month until they get the feel for Pokemon cards, if they so choose to buy more in this industry. Not you, but everyone else that enjoys Magic cards should continue to buy their magic cards because they are so nice.

Oh great and powerful @dblast, what breadth of knowledge will you bestow on us mere mortals today

3 Likes

@dblast If you spent half as much time trying to be productive in life as you spent trolling around the internet and giving us your uneducated opinion, you might actually be able to afford some cards. Can we just ban this guy, like seriously?

2 Likes

@dblast is a God compared to us. He or she makes all our decisions. We are merely peasants compared to King or Queen Dblast. You said only 1 card a month? Whatever you say boss haha

1 Like

5 Likes

I’m a big contributor in the community. If I missed a good education, bear with me.

Most of the people transferring from MGT are deep into their careers and have steep pockets. They’re buying bigger cards. Are you even looking for items in the price range there would be crossover in? Just scale up your income and you won’t have to worry about more people entering the hobby. Maybe invest in some stuff to sell later so that you’ll have more money to dump on stuff you want for your personal collection.

Sorry if the scale up income comment sounded a lil too: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jh0EN1De4Q but it’s true.

2 Likes

Here Dblast check out my thread that still needs updated of hundreds of cards. Just got another 50 plus cards last night and 100 plus last week :-). This is what you do when you actually collect cards and are not constantly sour about prices :slight_smile: www.elitefourum.com/t/mcorey777s-best-of-collection-videos-added/26469/1

1 Like

No, I’m loving it. It seems you are not following corona conservation protocols. I’m done.

Just a ‘hobby switcher’ over here buying my one card per day. Mmm wait maybe you meant multiple cards but just from one set per day? Ahh gotcha okay that makes alot more sense. These are all Gym Heros so please don’t report me :wink:

10 Likes

Despite what you seem to believe, posting your uneducated opinion on a message board in no way makes you a big contributor to the community.

The best thing you could do to contribute to the community right now would be to walk away from the keyboard.

1 Like

I don’t need to see this stuff. This is not the show your card purchases thread. I said one per month, not 11k in one day. You may need to re-evaluate your life. I will not give you a like for these comments. You are encouraging expensive behavior.

1 Like

What if i owned a substantial collection of 1000s of holos in the common/uncommon variants? How many holos do you own?

Dude we all just buy what we like. There’s nothing in the world you could say to change things. And even if we felt bad and none of us bought a single card for a week you still wouldn’t be happy and probably still can’t afford anything. Just because we pause buying by a few days it doesn’t cause prices to plummet haha

1 Like

11,000 ebay order?? Damn you coulda bought a 116610LV hulk green Rolex submariner :open_mouth:

You would be a Little Timmy?

4 Likes