Guy on Insta with pic to a binder of prerelease raich clefab

this is wtf right now xD
Its probably not real but i commented some tingz in it:

BINDER FACE PALM!

Says in the comments the picture is old and it wouldnt be in a binder anymore. Smpratte nd garrinsons, if dis is real, and yoll dont buy it for me, i will destroy you both with a trident of fire.

Sure pokesyn, donā€™t go linking it or anything. :neutral_face:

(Pics pls.)

2 Likes

:ninja:

1 Like

fossilpoopie. This guy sounds LEGIT.

2 Likes

What a waste of a perfectly good Unlimited Raichu.

7 Likes

WHAT IF ITS REAL MILHOUSE!!! WILL YOU FIGHT ME FOR IT?!?! We must get smpratte and garrinsson to get on plain and analyze this australian.

The only way for a Pre-Raichu to be confirmed legit is actual proof it came from an EX-WOTC Employee or other documentation proving it.
There have been so many fakes made of this card to attempt to be ā€˜the discoveredā€™ one that the waters are muddied before itā€™s even been confirmed that there are waters to be muddied in the first place.

4 Likes

She will be mine one day. Smprattican will be seaing one soon hopefully. is the clefable said to have less copies den raichu?

Tfw when someone has Prerelease Raichu and you donā€™t even budge an inch out of excitement. :sob: :grin:

Itā€™s a fake because there is no such thing as a pre raichu.
If a former employee says he has one then he faked it.
A 2nd class WOTC emp can fake one as easily as anyone.

1 Like

Just to explain what is happening hereā€¦

A random guy made a post on one of the Aussie Pokemon TCG pages wanting to buy a Prerelease Raichu card.

His sob story said he had one when he was a kid but sold it someone randomlyā€¦

Blah blah blah

Many posts by me telling him he is delusionalā€¦

Then a well known guy on that page named Rowan posted that picture of his ā€œPrerelease Raichuā€ which is clearly fake (but he posts it to stir people).

Hence some nutter went straight to their Instagramā€¦

6 Likes

@smpratte still waiting for delivery on that summer visit! Have to get the owner to get the card to PSA to see if they would authenticate it with whatever provenance they have on it.

I think itā€™s actually more productive if everyone just listens to Gary on this one.

He is wrong :wink: , but think about it hypothetically: Why would anyone who owns this card, meaning theyā€™ve been in it long enough and have the financial resources to comfortably obtain it, care AT ALL about Instagram or impressing other people? Even with trophy cards, they exist in the shadows because the collectors successful enough to own them by and large dont need the praise.

Unless someone has an ulterior motive like documentation or feels invested in the specific community with whom they decide to share, youā€™re never going to see it. So when an ungraded version of (Insert extremely rare and expensive card) appears on any social media outlet in the hands of a random dude next to his $0.25 bulk holos or stack of PSA 7 Commons from stormfront, you can comfortably decide then and there it is not legitimate.

This isnā€™t a rant against you pokesynd, just a solid piece of advice for all those kids at home growing up in this bizarre social media environment.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to know who Daniel Norton is here, and Iā€™m certain that person is here.

Maybe @funmonkey54 knows???

The fact that the ā€œproofā€ of this card existing is literally some random people talking on a forum, with one solitary, low resolution picture speaks volumes of the myth.

We all want it to exist, but hey, the burden of proof is always on the person wanting to claim something exists.

As always, very happy to be proven wrong.

3 Likes

Actually, Iā€™m not propagating this crap again.

OP: Card is fake.

Anyone that wants to know how these threads end can just search the forum. Itā€™s not happening again.

5 Likes