GrumbleGamer18’s Kabuto/Kabutops Collection!

if you have any double ups, hit me up haha, i am another slicey boy collector

1 Like

That makes things a little easier! Thanks :smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you again for this! I went through the cameo list for tcg cards and it looks like I’ve got all the ones I suspected; I was surprised however that Fossil Excavation from Vending Series 1 wasn’t listed as being a Kabuto/Kabutops Cameo, though it looks like it only covers English cards.

It looks like I’m only missing the Japanese buried fossils, the Japanese ruin wall, and a few of the mysterious fossils from the list!

The only thing I can’t seem to find, are the code variants that @launcestoneeveeman brought to my attention from mirage forest.

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks like the current cameo list only covers English cards (wasn’t aware of that myself, but now I know!).

There’s a Japanese code variants sheet being worked on right now (the English one is complete and on the forum already), but I just searched the two codes for the Mirage Forest Mysterious Fossil:

DYA-6X7-3GL
DYA-6X7-P6Z

Don’t forget to get both unlimited and 1st edition for both codes :wink:, if you want to go down that path!

4 Likes

There is a came missing from the list on here.
Omastar from arceus has kabutops in the background (they’re the same picture from different angles actually

And the most recent one is from astral radiance (roxanne, with its 3 special releases) and 151 (omanyte)

2 Likes

Oh lord, I didn’t think of that! :joy:

1 Like

I know of all of those besides the omastar from Arceus… I’m going to have to look into this, thank you!

Update to this:

My buyer received the cards and took pics for me. It looks like only the one Kabuto is in unlimited :sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_tear: so if any of you have any more leads, let me know! I need to double check because I believe one of you said you might have an unlimited fossil.

5 Likes

Bummer!

1 Like

Okay… MASSIVE UPDATE. I did not expect to come across one of these again, and it’s something I’ve kicked myself about for a while because every time they pop up again on my feed, they’re over 250$ for an out of box one. This little guy is something I’ve passively hunted for for 2 YEARS. The fact that I got him, and he looks this nice, and it was under 50 CAD, I’m still soaring over it. Had to share!!!

10 Likes

Holy crap! I’ve never actually seen one of these for sale! I’ve seen one or two sold listings but never any still inside the box! Such an incredible find! Congrats!

3 Likes

Congrats on the big pick up!

I don’t know where, but I also saw one of these recently (I remember it because the design is so unique). I didn’t realize it was difficult to track down, or I would’ve given you a heads-up! (I don’t remember how expensive it was though—maybe I had just seen one of those expensive listings :sweat_smile:) It’s going to bother me that I can’t remember where I saw it, but I guess it must have been when I was looking for the unlimited cards on Mercari.

2 Likes

Congratulations on the pickup! I have never seen these before, it looks very cute.

Cheers!

1 Like

Insane collection. Fossils have always had a special place in my heart. Keep em coming!

1 Like

Hey man, just found this thread! Awesome collection! Got any insta account where we can follow your collection?

1 Like