Grading a sealed card? Does PSA do this?

Hey guys so I have a sealed card I’m considering grading. I was wondering if you can send the card in sealed with like a minimum grade requirement and if it doesn’t reach that threshold they won’t open it and will send it back? I’m not sure if they will grade the card if it’s in the seal though since I’m sure it’s harder to inspect. Anyone ever been in this situation? I basically don’t want to open the card/grade if it’s not going to get a 10. Id rather it just be left sealed at that point.

Yes they do actually, but if it’s an old seal such as WOTC era I’d suggest not as the plastic offgasses and damages the card :blush:

However, they will only grade the seal, not the card itself.

Hmm okay. It’s a Japanese promo card, wasn’t looking to get it graded in the seal, but was seeing if they could determine if it was psa 10 worthy or not before busting it out of the seal. Because I’d rather have it sealed then PSA 9

1 Like

Oh I misunderstood then, I thought you wanted it encased with the seal intact. Sorry no, they won’t. It’s a liability for them to remove the card from its seal so its a risk they will not take. Some grading service providers will do a pre-grade for you, and that’s the closest you’ll get.

Oh okay that’s what I thought. Thanks for confirming!

@crystalcollector149 my pleasure :blush:

They grade sealed cards but the case is ugly as f**k

1 Like

I have a base set Machamp still in it’s seal and a few people told me to grade it still sealed due to the sheer rarity of having one anymore, but it is ugly as f*** so I don’t know. I also need to look at it again to determine if the seal is in good shape.

1 Like