Good sites to get Chinese and other non Eng/Japanese Language Cards?

With the release of Raging Surf Victini SAR and now the Chinese Alola Friends it has dawned on me that I need to dip my toes more into markets that would allow me to purchase these cards when needed. Does anyone know any middleman sites that work like buyee or any good sites in general that you would buy cards from China, Taiwan, Indoneshia, Korea and so on?

I would love to expand my knowledge on these markets and use these sites if such exist.

Thank you,

Trainer Jack

2 Likes

Here’s a good start. May be cheaper to find someone in that country to source the cards for you if possible.

3 Likes

I have a Chinese Middle man I use. Let me know if you need the latest Alolan Friends set. I have about 5 other people purchasing this set with me. @trainerjack

4 Likes

For China I have seen Imagined Youth Collectibles helping out other collectors also with single cards. For Taiwan I personally have used Taiwan Shopping Service – Celestial Delinquent Shopping Service and for Korean cards not available on Cardmarket or ebay I used Harumio like Quuador. The site I used for Indonesia is only German, but someone else may be able to suggest a different site there. And last, but not least for Thai I used Thaifii.

5 Likes

Thanks, I actually sent you a discord DM about it! Would love to get an Alola Friends

1 Like

@Ratequaza @Typhlosion_Collector Thank you! I’ll look into these when I can

2 Likes

Is it at msrp or over? Id love one

To answer op question, I use Ebay usually like gamescardmarket seller or cardvanha for chinese pokemon stuff, however they are scalper prices and never msrp.

2 Likes

Honestly,
My Chinese middle man (card store owner in China) said this first wave is done by a “Lucky Draw” so regardless, it is hard to get a hold of.

On top of that, shipping is a whole nother animal. This product is a lot heavier then the previous boxes due to the wooden box and wood in general. Just shipping this box is about $100-120. By breaking down the box and buying just the cards, it sheds off the weight and brings the cost way down.

So honestly, $450 free shipping isn’t that bad when factoring in the availability and shipping costs.

To give you an idea of all the costs together:
MSRP: $150
Shipping: ~$100
eBay fee: ~$40
Total cost at MSRP to break even: ~$300

4 Likes

If “scalper price” = price on the secondary market and “MSRP” = the lowest price an individual can possibly purchase the item at, then it’s basically impossible to buy something at “MSRP” unless you live in the market where it’s being sold.

The ebay price includes profit for the seller, fees, extra seller liability, shipping, and a competitive market premium where you are buying alongside people who don’t know of a better opinion or they are happy to pay a convenience fee.

With a middleman they still need to be paid for their time, shipping, and the opportunity cost. You might need to do larger orders too.

The retail price is artificial and not a reflection of the actual value of the item.

4 Likes

If purchasing more reduces shipping costs I’d love to buy one also

2 Likes

PM me on Discord or IG: Grade_Level_collectibles

Welp lol, that’s one expensive wooden box.

Depends on where you’re looking. Sold ones go for 450$

2 Likes

Did they sell out? I don’t see that listing anymore.

I just checked for sold listings.

1 Like

Alola Friends released today. The gift box in China market price is around 200$. The promo is around 100$. This is day 1.

4 Likes

Alola friends CHN gonna stonk!! :fire::fire::fire:

not really, in China it’s below MSRP the box and raw go fo around 50-65$

Sunset Lillie CHN will stonk eventually. :fire::fire::fire: