Goldstarlugia's collection thread!

Hello! So as the title references, I will be posting pictures here to document my current collection and any additions in the coming months/years. I have been actively collecting since 2017/18 but I first started opening pokemon product in 2008!

I think the first things I ever opened up were infernape and empoleon tins so I’m pretty attached to the lv.x era

I grew up with gen 4 so a lot of my collection revolves around the ex/dppt era, but I honestly enjoy pretty much every era of pokemon

To start off, I’ll be showcasing my most recent pick up which is honestly a top 5 artwork in my collection now. The beauitful Aquapolis/Wind from the Sea Lugia! When I rejoined the hobby, I never thought I would be able to own a mint crystal lugia, but years of persistence has finally paid off :grin:

Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

29 Likes

Really love eReader crystals. Cant wait to see what else you add to this thread!

1 Like

That Crystal Lugia is so cool. Probably my favorite Lugia card out there. Can’t wait to see what else you have in your collection.

1 Like

Beautiful artwork – I love all of the holo patterns on these e-readers

1 Like

Beautiful Japanese crystal Lugia

1 Like

Thank you guys! I especially love how the Japanese version has holo bleed that shimmers throughout the card’s border. I didn’t completely capture it, but there’s holo sprinkles on the Lugia too(kinda like the Japanese version of shining Gyarados) which makes it feel like a proper ‘crystal’

And thank you @jaguthva and @ragingkraken
I have a lot of interesting cards that I can’t wait to share soon :blush:

2 Likes

For some reason, the aquapolis crystals dont have the foll border holo treatment, although the skyridge ones do. Didn’t realize the japanese equivalents did which makes me wonder more why aquapolis got shafted. Anyways, amazing card and definitely better than the english one!

1 Like

yeeah english crystals really pale in comparison to japanese ones… its actually insane that English ones are priced higher at the current time

1 Like

Thank you! @wooltchi
I bought an english crystal lugia awhile back and was pretty disappointed tbh. It was still a beautiful artwork, but it didn’t feel too special. It just felt like a high tier ereader holo(like umbreon/gengar/gyarados) but it didn’t have that secret/ultra rare feel. The japanese one definitely is way more eye opening and deserving of the crystal title

And I agree @htwa
Japanese crystals will eventually get their time, although they have definitely risen in price already. Hopefully I can pick up the other Japanese crystals before they catch up to the english prices lol

1 Like

Stunning card!
I look forward to seeing more!

1 Like

Tbf they skyridge ones are the same as the japanese. Its just the aquapolis ones that are lacking the extra foil treatment

Beautiful Lugia, Crystal Pokemon are my favorite!

1 Like

Beautiful card @goldstarlugia, looking forward to see the rest of your collection.

1 Like

@inchy5000 Thank you! I just checked out your collection thread by the way, awesome stuff. I really like how your posts are organized too

And thank you as well! @papito

2nd update to my thread! Recently picked up this beautiful gold star Torchic from Japan. I love the contrast between the blue/white holo and the rest of the card. Definitely one of the most aesthetically pleasing gold stars

Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

12 Likes

That Torchic is amazing. Gold stars are already amazing as is, but the quality of Japanese cards is just so good. You’re making me want to buy one now.

1 Like

The borders look so good in silver. You definitely won’t regret getting one of these, probably in my top 5 for japanese gold stars

I really really want a japanese Mudkip too but that’ll have to come in the future.

1 Like

I love the Japanese borders so much. That Torchic looks so nice but I’ll have to focus on the Eeveelution gold stars first. I’ll definitely add it to my random collection though. That’s a clean card.

1 Like

@ragingkraken Thank you! And the eeveelutions are definitely on my list as well. Good choice for sure

1 Like

How much was it, if you don’t mind me asking?

I tried purchasing one for $800 a while back on ebay but the seller “sold” it on another platform the same day.