Goldstarlugia's collection thread!

@goldstarlugia,that Torchic omg.

1 Like

Well guys, 2022 is already off to an amazing start. I can honestly say that I never expected to own this card and I’m just happy that my hard work has been paying off. This hobby has been so rewarding and I can finally say that my current goals are complete for my collection. I still have lofty goals that I will try to chase in the coming years so we’ll see how those goals pan out :wink:

Anyways, enough with the long talk. Here’s my beautiful mint crystal ho oh!

Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

And here is the duo, happily united! I am over the moon that I can finally see these two together in person :grin:

11 Likes

Those are amazing cards just by themselves. But together, it’s just an insane combo. Congrats.

1 Like

Big congrats! Stellar cards, imo the two most beautiful Crystals. Also thanks for the video. I’ve never seen one of them live and actually didn’t even know they had this full glittery holo effect like Shining Mew/Karp/Gary. Makes me want to get a Ho-Oh like yours even more! :blush:

Edit: well, watching it again, it isn’t quite as glittery as the ones I mentioned, but close enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you @ragingkraken ! It’s been a good week for the both of us haha

And thank you as well @muk !
I agree that these are definitely the best two crystals. And I made sure to take videos of both lugia and ho oh because when I was in the process of purchasing them, I could barely find any coverage of what the actual holo effects looked like on youtube :confused:
The extra holo that mostly covers the Ho oh/Lugia on these japanese versions is awesome, really gives it a “Crystal type” feel. They definitely aren’t as gaudy as those three you mentioned though :laughing:

Also, I realize that I didn’t do the sparkles enough justice on the Ho oh. Here’s a better video showing it off :

Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

3 Likes

Very nice, congrats! It is a bummer the english versions don’t have all that sparkle! Will you try and own all the crystals? Or are lugia and ho-oh special to you in some way?

1 Like

Thank you! The english versions definitely leave a little to be desired. Still beautiful but they just feel like normal e-series holos to me
And my goal was to get Lugia and then a Ho Oh to pair them together, but I do still want to eventually get a Golem, Nidoking, Crobat, and Celebi because I think they look fantastic

Lugia and the fire birb are definitely special to me though. Lugia is my favorite pokemon of all time probably due to the original pokemon movie and I love Ho oh’s artworks. I’m almost done with my collection that will incorporate both of them, just missing Lugia’s SL from call of legends :blush:

1 Like

Picked up this card a few months back but am just now posting it. This card honestly brings me the most joy out of everything in my collection. The nostalgia factor on this is beyond a 10 :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

@goldstarlugia , might want to resolve the thread created about this Torchic Gold Star

www.elitefourum.com/t/scammer-alert-goldstarlugia-do-stick-to-g-s/34393/1