Gold star rayquaza

What would you choose between the gold star rayquaza in psa 9 or the 1st ed japanese edition in psa 10 (pop35)?
Both are around the same price.

I would choose English ray all day long. Personally, I like the look of the English ones as apposed to the their Japanese counterparts. And then on a investment level, the market pool is much larger for the English cards (this may be slowly changing, but most collectors are primarily English card collectors).

Are you buying one of these or just curious on people’s thoughts?

Yes im the market to buy one but the english psa 9 is very high pop compared to the 1st ed japanese in psa 10. So not sure which one to go with here…

I am shooting myself in the foot (I owe a PSA 10 japanese gold star rayquaza), but my hunch points to english psa 9 ray to be the more long term driven choice. That’s solely my intuition though, with no market information backing this statement up.

I’ve got a pop 1 PSA 5 HGSS Sandshrew if your main concern is population :wink:

2 Likes

English psa 9 is steadily rising and it is at around 1600-1700 right now.
Japanese 1st on the other hand, has been at around 1200 and hasn’t moved up or down in price for awhile.

The English varient is definitely more appealing to the masses at the moment so I’d say go with the psa 9 or even a 10 if your wallet can afford it haha (mine definitely can’t lol!)

You can’t really go wrong with either if its about making some kind of profit down the road but when in doubt you’d probably have better ROI on the english variant more often than not.

However if you have any aesthetic taste the obvious choice is always the Japanese Gold Star.