Gold Star and Neo Shining Price Tracker

My favorite Shining is hands down Gyarados; always loved that artwork. For the ones from Neo Destiny in particular I have to agree with @qwachansey: Tyranitar is miles above the others.

Favorite Gold Star I don’t really have one in particular. I’d probably say a tie between Charizard, Registeel, Vaporeon, and Torchic.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

i don’t collect gold stars, but rayquaza’s art is truly something special - it’s so badass

for shinings, it has got to be shining mewtwo for me. used to draw it for art class as a kid

4 Likes

why is metagross always flying around like that, yes its psychic but it always struk me as a heavy slow physical psychic. So much more unique than all the skin and bones abra psychic types. *Body shame abra*

For Gold Stars:
Torchic, Latios, Latias, Mew, Charizard, Mudkip, Gyarados.

For Shinings:
Gyarados and Magikarp

3 Likes

isnt charizard over 90(00)?

Yes, but it’s also the most overall graded card from the entire EX Era. The ratio of 9:10 is very low.

2 Likes

Rayquaza is head and shoulders above the rest. The Regis, Raikou, Mew, Mewtwo and Vaporeon share second place.

I was never a big fan of the Shinings from Neo Destiny but I love the gold fish and the red dragon.

1 Like

I find it so interesting that the dogs are that high up in price, considering there is that one guy with binders full of them

1 Like

They are probably not as full anymore…:grin: Just shows the popularity and demand for these cards.

you may be right, but that guy has 6 binders just filled front and back with the dogs (2 binders per dog) so maybe not as full, but definitely filled lol but that video does give me a good laugh every now and then

1 Like

Also shows how uninformed many buyers are. I’ve seen multiple discussions on Reddit/Facebook where people were talking about how undervalued they were, how it makes no sense that they’re so much cheaper than the other gold stars, etc. For whatever reason, a lot of people don’t know or don’t care to do research before buying.

6 Likes

once all of these cards are in the hands of individuals it no longer really ends up mattering and the actual market value will be established.

2 Likes

The Gyarados on the upcoming PWCC has a really gnarly print line running across the middle of it and a fainter one just under it.

Disappointing :slightly_frowning_face:

Print lines in delta style holos don’t impact the grade ussually. Most my 10s have them. Nearly every single card I’ve ever seen from that set has them.

On a side note; there is a GS Espeon ending today:

www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Pokemon-Pop-Series-5-Gold-Star-Espeon-16-PSA-10-GEM-MINT/254894183006

Corners are a bit rough but it looks nice.

1 Like

I remember pulling the Gyarados Gold Star when I was 8 years old walking down a street with my aunt, it’s funny looking back now since I didn’t care I did pull it since I thought EX cards were rarer back then. I think I put it in my drawer only for it to be lost forever.

Fast forward now I’m 22 started my first job, last November I paid about £1000 for a minty copy of this card in which I’m waiting to receive back from PSA. Reason I probably paid so much was because of nostalgia, my beloved aunt bought me that pack of Holon Phantoms with her own money back in the day.

My favourite GS would have to be Torchic, the artwork and colours are simply gorgeous.

3 Likes

Ha, the video is great for sure. I´ve just briefly looked at the pop and the overall pop is over 1k for each dog. There were also countless copies sold raw.
Alert: PURE SPECULATION:
Just doing some fun guessing work, a binder probably holds 50/60 full pages, assuming 18 cards per page would be 900-1140 copies so let´s say 2000 of each dog. (I forgot if it was stated somewhere how many exactly)

Looking at the power keepers gs pop shows that there are roughly 500 each graded, and that set had a pretty big printrun. Sets like TRR have around 300 per gold star. From that I´d assume that at least 500 of the graded dogs were from this massive collection + the amount he sold raw. Could very well be that he has roughly sold half (+) of the position.

3 Likes

My understanding is they’ve stopped submitting to PSA for now and instead selling raw. The pop report likely increases quite a bit when PSA turnaround times improve.

1 Like

Didn’t he offload bulk to T&T?

2 Likes

He offloaded them to T&T and also card house EU I believe. There is a whole distribution network of them now and middleman upon middleman who have large amounts and bought them from the above names.