Gibberish sentences that make sense within your community

I think I saw this on reddit a few years back, but it would be fun to start here as well. Type one or a few sentences that will make total sense if said to someone within your hobby community or work field, but looks like gibberish to almost everyone else.

To given an example sentence for Pokémon:
“Shadowless 1st ed. PSA-10 Zards can go for 40k+ USD these days. I wonder how this affects the Shadowless, unl. and unl. ©1999-2000 4th print prices?”
To almost everyone here, this is just a normal sentence. Of course I’ve abbreviated some words on purpose and also used a slang-word for Charizard, for the obfuscated purpose of this example, but apart from that it’s just a normal sentence here.

So, what are some example sentences that would be just a normal conversation or question in your hobby or field of work, but would for others be total gibberish? Here some of mine:

1. “I’ve tried to learn F2L and 1L OLL & PLL once, but it was too time consuming. I don’t like just speed WCA anyway, so beginner’s LBL for sub-45 is fine by me, lol.”

2. “I already had a BLLR Ultra Prismatic, and recently bought a COTD Super one. Today also some No Name No Imprints have arrived: an Ultimate CORE-DE051, as well as an OCG DT Ultra DT04-JP039.”

3. “We’re currently working on a portal before our MSB. It will log and save all messages in the DB. We check if the message is valid WOZ BG StuF with the provided XSDs from the Kadaster and respond with an Fo03 or Bv03 initially, and an Fo01 or Bv01 after further processing it.” (This one is very specific tbh, so I would be shockingly surprised if anyone on this forum will understand it completely…)

4. “Recently Echo was added. In the PTS her speed was ridiculously OP, but even now she’s pretty annoying to deal with, especially in DM.”

5. “I’m mostly skilled in Java, 05AB1E, and Whitespace, but in rare occasions I might codegolf in other languages if I feel like it or if it suits the challenge. Some examples of other languages I’ve answered in and their strengths: Charcoal (ASCII-art); Retina (regexes); C/C++ (shorter syntax than Java); Stax (compressed); Jelly (loads of builtins, although the terms nilads, monads, and dyads in this tacit language still confuse me); etc.”

Feel free to comment some of your own. I will let some of you guess what hobbies/work-related things these sentences of mine apply to, but will reveal and explain them later. If you want to add spoiler tags for your own sentences, feel free to do so.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

Pokemon: WTB 1ED T17 50K OBO #4X CERT, CML for trades

Dealing with consultants/when I had to present to clients in the past (added bonus of no one else understanding their gibberish either):

3 Likes

This is exactly how people talk in the Air Force. Every sentence is a game of how many idioms and acronyms you can shoehorn into a simple response.

4 Likes

Here’s one straight out of my skype the other day from one of the clients coders on the project I’m managing:

‘I was only using the X509 functions to encrypt/decrypt the things stored in web.config used in the AES encryption functions for key generation of the encryption key, initialization vector (IV) and salt which are used in the actual AES encryption’.

2 Likes

I am loving the trend of technology being named after vegetables. Sentences like the below are said frequently (and very seriously) in debates at my place of work on a daily basis:

“Are you using Cucumber? If you can get the business to own the Gherkins and reuse them as AC, it can be really useful.”

1 Like

Is the C35 covered by CSIV with either T1 or T2 and a W2 with at least .2kg/mmin0,5? Got this amazing senctence the other day via text message :blush:

1 Like

Issue the S/D on the PPS Local Control case and do not forget to forward the SRF within 15 days to the HO after issuing the JIIs NOR. LE loves acronyms.

1 Like

Marth fox is 60 40

1 Like

altered dominants are reflections of every 6th diminished inversion, including bII7 tritone substitutions. perfect for modulating and tonicisation, like a phrygian or lydian emphasis

example: #IVdim - V7(b5/b9)/iii - iii7 - bIII7(#5/b9) - ii9 - V13 - I69

2 Likes

Omae wa mou shindeiru

4 Likes

“A 19 year old man with a recent PMH URI is accompanied by his college roommate to the ED with central visceral abdominal pain and an altered state of consciousness. BP 127/82, PR 90, RR 26. Per roommate the patient had been at a “wild party” the night before and “drank until he vomited” and since the morning he has been urinating frequently. The patient claims his pain does not change depending on his position. His MSE is 22. On physical exam his breath has a fruity odor and is negative for abdomen discoloration.”

3 Likes

“If you use two stable isotopes to estimate the contributions of 14 basal sources…you’re gonna have a bad time.”

This was from one of the members in my lab and kind of became a running joke.

2 Likes

This post makes me feel like a boomer.

Student self-initiated work without prompt from educator. Per IEP, student is to engage in CBT with therapist at 12PM before transitioning to their DBT group at 3PM. When provider informed the student of this info, student showcased what is typically considered as “stimming” - indicated by a rocking back and forth motion with no vocals before finally vocalizing their distress 2 minutes later. Per IEP, educator prompted student to engage in ACCEPTS skills in order to return to normative functioning.

1 Like

1 Like

I’m still trying to figure out what lol and gfy mean?

1 Like

lol = ‘laughing out loud’ :blush: It’s basically an alternative for ‘haha’ when something is funny. Some alternatives are rofl (‘rolling over floor laughing’) or lmao (‘laughing my ass off’). Don’t ask me where these kind of phrases are coming from originally or who came up with them many years ago, because I have no idea. :laughing:

gfy I didn’t knew myself either, but it apparently means either a sarcastic ‘good for you’ or ‘go fwck yourself’ after googling it… :confused:

Greetz,
Quuador

ye na yeye na oh ye true ye

2 Likes

This sounds like me when I’m having a phone conversation with my aunt. Except there is a pause of at least 5 minutes between each response (and it would be Dutch instead of English), haha. She can talk more during one phone call than I say in an entire month sometimes… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Actually, that was my poor attempt at humor that went over like a lead balloon lol.
You’re the best Q:)

1 Like