Getting back into it!

Hey all, i’m a 90’s kid 25 years old and getting back into the hobby again with my brother. We have been trying to buy back things we had when we were kids, as well as some things we could never afford back then. There’s lots more i’d like, but this is the start over a month or two of restarting. We figure out we never really played the game correctly as kids, so we’ve had fun re learning playing with only vintage cards. Here’s some pictures of what i’ve accumulated so far, nothing epic but i’m happy with it so far! watching a lot of youtube, especially Pokerev, gem mint pokemon, Pokeradar etc has been really inspiring as well!

thanks for looking, hoping to update this with some new things i have coming!

33 Likes

Great collection for such a short time! Glad to see you spent no time waiting to get a few WOTC Graded copies of the most popular pokemon haha. Are the booster boxes empty or do they have packs in them?

Thanks! it’s been a lot of fun starting up a collection, as i’m sure you can see in some pictures i collect other things as well. So it is fun getting back into something so nostalgic for me. The boxes are empty, unfortunately sealed boxes are just too expensive at the moment. Maybe sometime soon, as i’d love one, but we’ll see!

2 Likes

Looks pretty damn epic to me. Good to see another good soul enjoying the pure nostalgia.

Great display idea! Really like it

I had that blue binder as a kid, love seeing it all fancy in the display!

I really like the display too. Also, nice shadowless zard!

1 Like

Very cool! I like the shelf you have everything in, I’ve been trying to figure out how to best use the corner of my collection room - might have to try to find something similar because it looks great!

Welcome to the rabbit hole @justthrift95 and thats a wonderful display you have there so far! Quite impressive and very, very cool to see and im glad youre here! If I could give any advice that could help you in your collecting journey, it would be to set achievable goals for yourself and then find the means to make those goals reality while taking it all in day by day. Ive found that in restarting my own collection in the past year (Roughly last August) by doing these things and taking it all day by day and nice and slow, my collection is quite vast now and ive achieved a lot of goals i never thought before possible. Its all about goals, planning, research, patience, and most of all, having fun! Great to see your accomplishments and cant wait to see what the future has in store for you!

@justthrift95, That is a great starting collection you and your brother have! The display is cool and very nice looking! Good luck in all your future collecting and welcome! :blush:

Off to a great start

1 Like

Loved the display and your collection as well. Have an awesome time back in the hobby and good luck with the collection goals. Cheers!

Thank you all for the positive comments and support, I really appreciate it! I picked something up this weekend that I’ll be posting. Pretty excited about it!

1 Like

@justthrift95, Feel free to check out my channel. I only do vintage cards, but not in crazy amounts like Pokrev. Im a budget buyer and seller, haha. It’s linked in the bottom of this post.

2 Likes

Welcome back :blush:, dont forget about smpratte!

Absolutely love the display case. Glad you got back into the hobby!

hey all, got some updates on the collection to post! hope you enjoy, the pokemon snap station is incomplete. It is missing the internals, i have an N64 i am going to put in it for now. My plan is to possibly get all the internals, but we’ll see theyre obviosly hard to find. I will put a small tv that fits, and put it in my basement as a pokemon stadium arcade type station. I also added to my sealed collection, made a deal locally with someone for 28 sealed packs. I purchased some packs on ebay from him, and he had mentioned that he had more from his mothers estate. He said she had trailers full of stuff and this was just stuff that he found inside. Fingers crossed that he find some more, cuz i’ve got first dibs! well anyways enjoy some pictures!

12 Likes

@justthrift95 wow, thats truly a relic of time right there and such an incredible find! Im really loving the uniqueness of your collection and just how it keeps coming together, and congrats on this huge find and achievement!

1 Like

@justthrift95 That is awesome and I whole-heartedly approve of your collection thus far!!

1 Like

hey all, been a little while. Have a few small updates on the collection. I love collecting things that are not easy to find, kind of unique and bring back the nostalgia. I love my sealed stuff, but i also love collecting the toys that i had and other unique things. I posted before that i have a box of 57 burger king sealed toys from the promotion ran in 1999, this box was given to the contestant winner and i purchased it 20 years later. I think it is such a cool piece of Pokemon history and thought i’d share some more pictures including the original sweepstakes paperwork given to the burger king managers. I also recently purchased some other things like 25 brand new 1999 burger king place mats with the pokemon movie advertising. I got some vintage cardboard pokemon signage and a few other little additions

opened base set 2 box with wotc wrap on it still

Thanks for looking!

3 Likes