Future Additions to jef299's collection

Hi guys I know some of you have huge collections but I am just getting started in the world of Pokemon!
Here’s what I have so far:

1st edition shadowless growlithe psa 9 base set

1st edition WotC gold stamped pikachu psa 10

Lv X Snorlax psa 9

M sceptile ex (ungraded)

The Jungle set (not first edition) excellent condition (just above played)

Other that that I have basic cards.

Things I want to add:

My favorite card, rocket snorlax ex:

A shaymin LX tin:

A shaymin ex full art:

I’ll be getting these (minus the tin) next time I get paid. I am on disability so I don’t have a ton of money for pokemon.

My favorite two pokemon are Shaymin and Snorlax!

4 Likes

This is a wonderful start to collecting! If you’re on a limited budget, here is some generic advice we give new collectors anyway that is pertinent to having a good collecting experience without spending more than you can afford:

-Keep a strict list of what you want.
-Budget! If you only have $20 to spend, only spend $20.
-Consider all cards against the others on your list. Purchase what you truly want.
-Never buy for the sake of buying.
-You’ll most likely appreciate a card that’s more expensive that you saved for more than 20 cards that were cheap and you bought on a whim.

This is the gist of it. I look forward to you sharing your collection as it grows! We are excited when you’re excited, no matter the price or rarity of the addition. It is about the experience and sharing that with the community. So don’t ever worry about what another person’s collection looks like. It is suited for them.

And that Rocket’s Snorlax ex is one of my all time favorite cards as well. :blush:

3 Likes