Full Art Misaligned Texture Error - Thoughts?

Hi All,

This is my first time posting here, and I’m excited to join the E4 community! I have this full art Dragonite EX card from XY Evolutions with the texture misaligned with the image underneath (see pic - look at the textured circles relative the energies to really see the error). Now, I know Evolutions is notorious for bad print quality, so I’m not sure an error like this is particularly rare (is it?). Whether it is or isn’t, does anyone know how PSA might treat this card -or a card like it - assuming the rest of the card is gem mint quality? Thanks!

2 Likes

No idea if this is rare or not, but it is kinda cool, and welcome!!!

I love these! Not sure about PSA but CGC will identify as misaligned texture layer :blush:

1 Like

Here’s an example www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3739473011/

Will they grade it as misaligned or OC if only the texture is is misaligned and the card has normal centering?

www.ebay.com/itm/Trainers-Mail-Ancient-Origins-Secret-Rare-Misprint-Misaligned-Texture-Error/153936026363?hash=item23d74d5afb:g:g8UAAOSw1-FewThY

Just found a trainer card from Ancient Origins on ebay with the same error - and it’s way worse. Maybe I will have to go CGC! Anyone know of any good CGC group subbers?

This is partly my assumption but I believe the O/C on the front is due to the centering alone. If it was not miscut but still misaligned it would probably receive a normal centering grade. The designation on the back is from their “error card” service that costs an additional $5 per card and the “misalignment” refers to the texturing

1 Like

www.ebay.com/itm/TEXTURE-MISPRINT-Pokemon-Lillie-S-amp-M-Base-Set-147-149-FULL-ART-ONE-OF-A-KIND-/193720374859?hash=item2d1aa2564b%3Ag%3AmPoAAOSwQqRfkjhb&nma=true&si=AbExm5UhKbXai%252BgVXbIq74um2bk%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh wow, and another that sold for a hefty premium. I guess this is a desirable error after all lol