Charizard GX Promo No Texture Error

I guarantee it’s not a chinesium fake as I pulled it out of a Charizard GX collection box myself. Should I PSA it? How much would someone pay for this?

Here’s a video of it front and back photos.app.goo.gl/24iNy98moVsHNDa1A

1 Like

Congrats on the awesome pull! No-texture full arts are some of my favorite cards. I believe you’re the second person to own a Charizard GX no-texture error! Someone posted one on Reddit when I posted my Lillie error. I’ve seen a few others (Pokémon Breeder, White Kyurem rainbow rare, etc.) but they’re rather rare from what I can gather. I’m still looking for another Lillie to surface, or any other of the full art female trainers.

Long story short- GRADE IT! It’s honestly worth as much as someone would pay for it. I don’t collect Charizards specifically so I’m not as keen, but it’ll have a decent value to the right person. I’d value my Lillie quite high but I also can’t see myself ever selling it!

3 Likes

Yeah I’m putting it in my PSA submission. Too many people tell me it’s fake cause its not textured haha

Question, is the Hyper Rare GX Charizard non textured one another error, I have been seeing it a lot as well? I was assuming its fake but I guess anything is possible.

Believe they’re fake, the ones I have seen on eBay have a weird cheap shine anyway.

Believe they’re fake, the ones I have seen on eBay have a weird cheap shine anyway.

1 Like

It’s worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

With errors, defects, OC/MC there’s no set value. Luckily for you, it’s a Charizard so you at least hit that part of the market.

2 Likes

Agreed w/ @swolepoke, honestly shouldnt even grade it. You could start higher and then come down. Many error collector’s out there but I have always been nervous about errors because I am unsure of definitive evidence and if you pulled it out of a legit pack, how to prove to someone that it is an error… :confused: Unless there is some website w/ known errors of error card I don’t know about.

But that’s why I feel like I should send it to PSA. Sooooo many skeptics cause no texture gx is associated with the Chinese fakea

True but does PSA have the knowledge? I would probably talk to them before sending if you do, just to CYA.

They’ve graded several no-texture errors before. They do not designate them with any qualifiers, but they do grade and, by extension, authenticate them.

1 Like

I love no texture cards. I’ve graded a few including secret rare gary’s and charizard. PSA probably doesn’t know what cards have textures vs ones that don’t so figured they would grade it like any other, which they did.

Nice find.

1 Like

Hey was looking through my Charizard GX promos for this, found another interesting error. Is it worth anything/has anyone seen a texture mistake like this??

imgur.com/a/wcIjQOY

Which ones do and don’t have textures because I actually don’t know either :sweat_smile:
Mjisaacs

Modern full art EX/GX, trainers and Rainbow cards all have texture.

The Ultra shiny cards from Japan have texture too

When you say trainers I assume you mean the Full Art ones? Also do the normal GX have texture? What about the Gold SR Energy Cards? Sorry if this is common information…

Mjisaacs