Fedex - 'Scheduled delivery: Pending'

Hi guys,

My PSA order was shipped and on Fedex’s website it said it would be delivered yesterday before noon. I was home all day but no one showed up to deliver it, nor was there a note put through my letterbox saying an attempt was made to deliver.
Now the status changed to ‘Scheduled delivery: Pending’, and I am not sure whether I should be worried that something went wrong with my order or if there is no reason for concern. I sure hope they won’t return it back to PSa for some weird reason.
Has anyone had this message show up before?
As usual, thanks in advance for your help. :blush:

Did the tracking info ever say something about your package being on the truck for delivery? If Not, the package was probably simply delayed somewhere along the route and will take longer than originally stated - thus the “pending” status now. Its happened to me before, usually shows-up next day.

1 Like

It’ll be there in the next day or two:)

Awesome, thanks a lot @garyis2000, @oldskoolpokemon, that’s all the reassurance I need.

Really eager to get my hands on these, so wanted to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the carrier.

I’ll make a final post once it arrives. :blush:

Give them a call. UPS for example had their system without tracking updates pending due to excessive backlog due to holiday season…

1 Like

So, the plot thickens.

Apparently fedex needs a proof of export in order to release the package. Quite surprised as they didn’t ask for it on previous orders.

Sent the the proof of postage alongside the submission form to prove those cards were already mine.

I’ll keep updating this post as this info may be relevant to other members in the future.

I’m in Australia and got my first PSA order back a few months ago. FedEx called me up when the package arrived in Melbourne and they said they needed proof (through a tracking number) that I sent the cards in the first place and they were simply ‘returned goods’. When I provided the tracking number they released the package.

6 Likes

I’m hoping that’s all they need in the UK as well. I described everything in a very clear manner and provided evidence of sending it to PSA, just slightly concerned with their ‘proof of export’ jargon as I am not sure if my post office receipt falls within that category.

If it doesn’t, I’ll probably have to bear the brunt of having to (needlessly) pay VAT on my next 3 orders as they were all sent with nothing but a post office office receipt and tracking number. If that’s the case I’ll at least learn how to do it properly next time. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just went through this and it was an absolute nightmare. You have to fill out a form and include your ss number. I had to send them a scan of my ss card. It was completely ridiculous.

After the whole ordeal I changed all my japanese shipments from Fedex to EMS. For some reason Fedex has this issue more than any other courier. Ive done around 20-30 orders with Fedex and had to do this bs 3 times. I’ve made much larger orders with EMS and never had an issue.

4 Likes

I had the same issue with my package last week. Seems like PSA is not giving enough info to Fedex. They asked me to proof that I had shipped the items to PSA previously so i do not have to pay import taxes / VAT. Never had this issue with PSA returns that ame with USPS…

2 Likes

I guess it’s time for you all to use Charlie:)

As it stands, Charlie charges £8.99 per card on 50+ submissions, whereas on 100+ submissions directly through PSA I only pay £6.50 and even in the off chance that I get hit with VAT my cost per card would still be £7.8, which is significantly lower.

Since I send multiple submissions per year of 100+ cards, it makes more financial sense for me to go directly through PSA, then again, I have a lot of time to spare on the bureaucratic aspects of card grading and am a do it yourself kind of person.

If I had less spare time and was grading up to 50 cards per year I would surely use Charlie. Also, I am keeping a close eye on that USD - GBP exchange rate, Charlie’s prices have stayed the same regardless of exchange rate for a while, so in the event of the GBP dropping enough against the Dollar to offset the price difference I won’t even think twice about making that move. :blush:

With the info you have sent it should be released soon for you. One thing i will say is that fedex are currently trying to charge me for holding a psa submission over a weekend which was on hold for the same reason yours is. Despite the reason for them having to hold it being psa’s or their fault, they are trying to charge me. I sent the proof on the Friday but nobody at fedex looked at my email until the Monday. If they had done their job right and on time it could have been delivered to me on the saturday and not held until after the weekend. Unfortunately for Fedex they delivered my package before then sending me the letter with the charges so needless to say I am refusing to pay for someone else’s incompetence.

2 Likes

I only submit cards with Super Express or higher so there wouldn‘t be any benefit.

I was wondering whether it was PSA’s fault for not giving customs enough information, but fedex have sent me a copy of the comercial invoice and it shows this:

I don’t think PSA can be much clearer than that so now I am wondering why on earth would Fedex or Customs need further evidence. They even put the tracking number under which the item was sent to them, which customs can easily check online in 5 seconds.

Not even sure if it is Fedex who are screwing up either. But I do have to agree, EMS from Japan gets clearance all the time in the UK too.

1 Like

Time for a final update.

I finally received my submission. Needlessly lost 5 days in the process, but at least it arrived safe and sound.

Thanks everyone for your advice and sharing your experiences. :blush:

3 Likes