Feb 16th Bonus: Azumarill 049/070

This card art is so good it deserves a bonus round! After scanning it, I had to share it with everyone (even though most have already seen the card):

2 Likes

It’s not often I like the CG style, but this is really well done, especially the background too. Catches the water/fairy typing really well!

1 Like

I agree. I am usually the same when it comes to most newer cgi artwork, but this one really caught my attention.

Its body lends it for cgi, just like the torbs and the magneto’s

1 Like

@smpratte I’m really happy for you and Ima let you finish but Kingdra has the best Ancient Trait art.

5 Likes

that kingdra is an absolute banger

Yeah Kingdra is best so far but Azumarill is pretty sweet too! Imo reminds a lot Neo Genesis Azumarill standing happily on meadows. :blush:

I think Fearow is best

Please remind individuals who call these things full arts or half arts, that they are called wide illustration cards :wink:

I love them and am trying to advocate their legitimate name, so they don’t follow the path of the “crystal” pokemon.

Crystal was just a better name, though.

I just call them Ancient Trait cards.

True, but crystal pokemon are actually “neutral” pokemon according to an article found.
Likewise, though Ancient Trait fits, it just isn’t the name :stuck_out_tongue:

Just my pet peeve it all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They had a legitimate name?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw above. :wink:

1 Like

Oh that Kingdra :heart_eyes: Would love to get some of these cards one day!

Why the insistence on them being called wide illustrations? They are no wider than any other card. The borders are still there.

The only appropriate name to call them is Ancient Trait cards or some variation of that. Because having ancient trait abilities is what makes the card unique.

@milhouse I’m persistent because the Japanese cards are referred to as wide illustration, and I don’t want another “class” of cards to be mistitled again, re: from Neutral to Crystal cards…

If the given name is less fitting than the popular name, though, is it really negative for them to assume a different name? If Full Arts were officially titled “Lengthened Feature Illustrations,” I’d much prefer Full Art be the sticking title.

Example: Crystal > Neutral

Not to mention Ancient Trait takes up 4 less characters for an eBay title.

But seriously I am pretty indifferent about whatever they are called. :grin:

2 Likes

Like it doesn’t bother me too much, I just want to try and keep it consistent, as everyone calls them something else.