Favorite Japanese Promo Cards?

This one is on my shortlist to pick up soon as well! Great card!

1 Like

For those who havenā€™t seen the Coro Coro Mew in person:

Here are two 4K videos of these beautiful cards in direct sunlight:

Coro Coro Mew CGC 9.5

Coro Coro Mew CGC 9.5 #2

5 Likes

I love that card. Someday Iā€™ll have one!

+1 this hands down

Choosing a favorite japanese promo is impossible. So many of my favorites were already posted such as the mcdonalds promos from 2002 and the shining mew. Iā€™m not sure if people consider vending more promos or more of a set but Iā€™m gonna do with vending. Vending allowed me to discover so much 90s art that I had never seen before. It honestly has some of the absolutely best art from the 90s imo.

Hereā€™s a couple of my favorites

14 Likes

Man canā€™t believe how expensive these got, shouldā€™ve gone for the burnt tower when I had the chance, instead Iā€™m stuck with 2 Indigo Plateauā€™s, lol, not that itā€™s a bad thingā€¦

8 Likes

has to be this one for me donā€™t currently own it though unfortunately
270px-TradePleasePromo

4 Likes

These artworks are seriously top tier to me. Havenā€™t really collected this set but the more I see that Bulbasaur the more I want it.

1 Like

Itā€™s the better one anyway.

2 Likes

This whole set is pretty darn great,but my favorite is Beach. Just love that Psyduck :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Itā€™s a great set, that whole tropical vibe they milked in that period really. The Caribbean is very close to the top of my travel bucket list, Iā€™m sure Pokemon played a part in it. :smile:

@c0ll3ct0r . Go! Well worth the trip. Sure you find yourself a Shellder. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Absolutely love this set. And they are surprisingly affordable in sealed and graded condition.

Didnā€™t see this one posted yetā€¦but all the old McDonalds promos are amazing!

13 Likes

Such a great looking card, Imagine if this was in the galaxy holo, I wouldā€™ve hoarded so many of these, and by many I mean one because they wouldā€™ve probably been very expensive, lol.

Aside from the Coro Coro Mew Iā€™d have to say my favorite Japanese Promos are the CD Promo Big Three (Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur).

Iā€™ve also seen the Venusaur with really nice holo bleed listed in the past. Iā€™m a sucker for that sort of thing, as well as swirls.

(not my cards)

7 Likes

Lottery promos :100:

23 Likes

So many amazing cards already posted and to choose from! Here are a few of my favorites that I picked up recently!

17 Likes

It is impossible for me to pick a favoriteā€¦I love most Japanese promo cards. The above is an example of some that always catch my eye.

8 Likes

Oh man the ponchos are definitely the most eye catching for sure.

1 Like