Favorite Japanese Promo Cards?

Top tier promo’s for me:

19 Likes

Mew Ex - PLAY promo

Its very hard to have a favorite amongst such fabulous promo cards, but if I have to choose just one, then this would be it for me.
My favorite card in the whole hobby.

Cheers!

20 Likes

Hi, here is my pick :

14 Likes

This thread makes me sad that I don’t own most of these cards anymore :smiling_face_with_tear:

Don’t have my copies on hand so just a stock image, but as someone who is obsessed with full cosmos energies, this one is right up my alley. Unique and even though I don’t LOVE that holo pattern, I really enjoy the card.

11 Likes

I thought about putting this one in my post as well. Epic card.

1 Like

I don’t own a set (I’d like to, but they’re a bit pricy for my budget at least and also relatively uncommon) but I think the Pokémon Stamp Rally BW jumbo promos are pretty neat.

I really like the fact there’s a train in the bg of all three of them.

3 Likes

Ye, jumbos. I don’t think they got a regular size equivalent.

Sorry, you mentioned they were jumbos in your original post. I don’t know how to read.

Cheers!

Japanese promos are the best, and here’s one I absolutely love!

7 Likes

I like this one quite a bit. I don’t really have a favorite

5 Likes

belts out

1 Like

I like rare meme promos too. Masked Royal, M Sachiko EX, Poke Dude.

11 Likes

One of my favourites

From the Pokémon Card Game Art Collection book, it is the first (of 3) to pay tribute to the manga’s iconic battle between Red’s Venusaur & Green’s (Blue in English) Charizard. If there is an unreleased Kanto anime film drawn by Ariga, I’d like to know about it

14 Likes

My favorite one would be the 20th Anniversary Festa mentioned by @crosscards !
@expedition also has a very strong selection!
But no one has mentioned yet these two, that I really really like too:

12 Likes

I fell in love with the 2003 Shogakukan Mudkip as @enkaycards mentionned.
I did’nt see it but one of my all time favorite card is the Lily Pad Mew from the JR stamp rally or Corocoro Magazine.

8 Likes

One of my favorites, along with the Giovanni that was already posted.

17 Likes

Mine is the HGSS Release Campaign Totodile. One of the very few holo cards of Totodile.

10 Likes

19 Likes

So I know this is Basic, but it HAS to be the CoroCoro Mew. I can say I haven’t seen a more elegant promo card then this Shining boy. Also if you haven’t seen one with your own eyes, here is a 4K view of how much of a DISCO BALL this card is! This is my Copy BTW :wink:

1 Like

CoroCoro mew deserve all the hype, but a second favorite is the Squirtle from the 2002 McDonald’s Pokémon-e Minimum Pack. Not a card it own (yet!)

11 Likes