Fate of my PSA collection

@casual , I think you either skipped that part of the statement or I am too much of a glass half-full guy, but as someone who submits mostly bulk, estimated Turnaround Times being retired in favor of Complete-Through Dates sounds like an awesome change to me. Provided they manage to comply with them, that is. :grin:

2 Likes

Day 420: Your submission is still in our warehouse waiting to be scanned.

1 Like

I canā€™t make any sense of this and I have two degrees in sociology.

13 Likes

(X) Doubt

2 Likes

Hereā€™s some examples of some connections one might be able to makeā€¦

Cognitive dissonance: (x) grading company is arguably the biggest player in the grading game vs nearly a year wait (LarryDavidunsure.gif)

Stockholm Syndrome: these service levels are super okay from (x) grading company and Iā€™m so happy with waiting (x long ass inexcusable time) at least theyā€™re communicative!! :blush:

Sunk Cost Fallacy: all my other cards are graded by (x) company, therefore this fact should impact my future grading decisions although I may be suffering from cognitive dissonance (see above)

Stanford Prison Study: prominent Poketubers outright saying to not grade with CGC or others, who gave them this authority to say such a thing? Unbelievable (one might say)

Milgram Shock Experiment: ā€œPlease submit cards to (x) grading companyā€ā€¦ ā€œThe community requires you to continue to submit cards to (x) grading companyā€ (see Stanford Prison Study example)

Cult Like Behavior: Bro wtf are those CGC cases lmaoooooo get out of here with that! *checks online submission to (x) grading company to see it hasnā€™t been entered in their system in 4 months*. Allll gooooood! At least I donā€™t have to look at those UGLY BLUE CASES AMIRITE!

1 Like

5 Likes

Just make another new account and try again

13 Likes

I would say itā€™s good overall, from a PSA pop perspective. This may deter people from submitting cards that are on the bubble in certain grades. Pushing the existing pop higher in value?

PSA May carry an even higher premium if there is an influx in CGC and BGS Slabs moving forward

Sociological Distancing - (verb) Making absolutely no sense to anyone at least 6 feet away from you. Posting on social media while inebriated. Drunk texting. Incoherent. The Chewbacca Offense.

Ex: Excessive sociological distancing is said to be the number one cause of Sociological Distancing Syndrome.

Iā€™ve pondered the likes of which why one enjoys pokemon; my sociological/philosophical/psychological/anthropological and tentative mathematical findings indicate ones desire is due to the global influence of Pokemon on the human psyche. One could insinuate the desire to ā€œgotta catch em allā€ creates a Stockholm Syndrome. This Stockholm Syndrome primarily derived from the subconscious advertisement of PokĆ©mon as a corporate entity manipulating ones emotions into desiring capturing creatures for comfort. Thus spawning an eternal need to ā€œcatch them allā€.

20 Likes

Fully agreed

Hopefully you new collectors see what happens when you dare to question/oppose legacy opinions here. Grown men ganging up on and literally bullying someone like itā€™s 1999 in the lunch room again. Gotta love humans and our tribe mentality to ostracize, silence and remove those that oppose the groupthink.

My point on Cult Like Behavior was proven. Iā€™m disappointed in you Smpratte. Youā€™re above this and you know it. Good luck in this echo chamber, keyboard warriors.

3 Likes

PSA should have done this over a year ago and Iā€™ll say I bet they still havenā€™t increased prices enough to curb demand to a level they can meet.

You shouldnā€™t be able to grade a card for under $20. That said, it should be a lot better and quicker service than it is now for that $20+.

2 Likes

Imagine coming to the largest forum of serious Pokemon collectors, spewing pseudo-scientific big word soup, calling us all mentally ill cultists for grading with PSA, and then getting mad when youā€™re memed.

14 Likes

r/iamverysmart

4 Likes

Frankly, it is as much of a waste of time for me to respond to you as it is to psycho-analyze why collectors prefer a grading company to others but I am at work and I can type while make phone calls.

At the end of the day, capitalism is king. Markets adapt, in which market participants adapt as well. People are free to grade or collect whatever they want. The fact that you signed up for a forum to make a post about social habits is the more ridiculous move, which is why i am sure you chose to do so on a second account.

No one needs to justify why they choose BGS, CGC, PSAā€¦ But you canā€™t just make bias claims and uneducated comments in regards to another and not expect some sort of backlash. Each person has a different experience. I believe that the biggest issues people have with PSA derives from their inability to be able to fathom the sheer amount of demand there is and the fact that they think they are some business guru because they sell pokemon cards online.

2 Likes

Wow, that escalated quickly.

2 Likes

hahaha

2 Likes

You guys have too much time on your hands on a Thursday afternoon

2 Likes

PSAā€™s turnaround times are definitely putting me off submitting to them right now, but itā€™s catch-22 for me because my entire graded collection exists in PSA slabs meaning Iā€™m also put off moving to any of the others.

I was optimistic that my May submission would have come back to me last month, but since then Iā€™ve heard of a few people who still have had submissions open since February which havenā€™t returned yet, so I get the feeling I wonā€™t be seeing my cards back for a good couple more months yet.