Fake English cards all over Mercari.jp?

Hi guys.

I’d like the opinion of some of the more seasoned collectors.

There are a bunch of accounts selling fake English cards in Japan now as we all know.

Here’s some images of all the fakes on one particular account, It’s scary to see how many are actually selling but to make things even scarier, mixed in with these cards are some of the most convincing copies of the Poncho Pikachu Full Art cards.

Are these fake cards or are they more likely pictures of real cards & they will just send you a fake? To clarify I’m not considering buying from someone who clearly scams but I would like to know if you guys have seen fake Pikachu full arts of this quality before.

1 Like

Listing’s pictures = photos of real card
Ship to buyer = fake card or rubbish

Be alert when buying overseas :warning:

1 Like

Ya…I’d probably not buy any English card on mercari.jp or through any of the Buyee sites. The prices are way too good to be true and the pictures aren’t of the highest quality but when you get it, you can definitely tell its fake. Prior to covid I fell victim to this on Buyee and felt like such a putz. But I learned the hard way that if its too good to be true…then it usually is. Shame on those folks though for selling fakes

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, It is insane to me how these accounts sell through thousands of dollars a month with fake cards & still manage to keep a 5 star rating.

I understand this is mainly due to the automatic positive feedback given by the proxy buying accounts, I look forward to seeing some measures in place to take these accounts of the platforms.