Fake japanese modern cards?

Hi guys long time reader, 1st time poster here. More and more listings of fake English cards or ‘proxy’ as they are described Are appearing on ebay etc.

Are there any known cases of this happening in japanese recently i won a decent size bundle off mercari and 1 card alone is worth more than the whole bundle and I’m fearing I’ve been done.

The problem is so common on UK ebay im wondering if the plague is spreading.

1 Like

@pompeybb So sorry to hear that. I’m guessing your thread will end up getting moved because a lot of fake cards have been going around lately. Which means a lot of people have made these type of threads. Anyways make sure you do not leave feedback on Mercari without inspecting every card thoroughly. Mercari supports selling fake cards. I bought a fake Luxray off Mercari and they basically told me get lost. They didn’t care of have any empathy. Basically they said it’s a done deal so there is nothing they can do. I opened a PayPal case and won. But situation was very aggravating! And good luck and let us know what happens

I’ve at least seen a couple fake English cards sell on mercari, but I have not identified any modern Japanese fakes. Then again, I don’t look at many modern GX / V lots and stuff like that.
I know that in regards to vintage video games, there’s an issue of western fakes being sold to Japanese stores and those stores reselling them unknowingly. Maybe that can happen with cards too, but they’re usually a lot easier to identify in person (for the stores).