FAKE Charizard Prerelease Staff stamp

this one seems more legit than the other one. What points to it being fake?

I have a shellos error just like it : www.ebay.com/itm/283287834161

edit:just compared it to another staff charizard. the stamp does look kind of off. The “f’s” look a little too thin possibly

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

It would be scary if these become convincing and slip through PSA.

^ fixed

2 Likes

I offered him 99 times that, and he still declined.

1 Like

@pkmnflyingmaster , unfortunately I think you’re right…

Staff stamps aren’t even my biggest concern. Here is a 1/12 card soon to be 1/500.

1 Like

That Shellos is easy to tell if it’s real or fake because of the drop shadow on the actual artwork. Since there is no difference in the printed artwork aside from a stamp with the Zard, it makes it harder to tell.

The first few pictures make it look like the A is closed, but the zoomed in picture from the phone shows that there is one there. The upside down version does seem to be a little thicker, but not my much. As has been already mentioned, the upside down version doesn’t seemed to be embossed as deep as the known real ones.

External Media

3 Likes

You might contact the Pokemon company with regards to this, i’d be curious to hear what they have to say about it.

Letters ‘‘S’’ and ‘‘T’’ touch eachother. I compared with my Staff Zard and many other Staff. Cards that i have and none of them have that flaw.

1 Like

The best case scenario in this situation is verifying the origin. The guy who posted the fake zard listed numerous other counterfeit product. The other end of the spectrum is someone like myself or businesses who travel to tournaments and buy in person.

If anything this is the classic “too good to be true”. People who put in little to no effort and suddenly have cards that require a lot of money or effort is inherently suspicious.

This is sad

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264255145072

2 Likes

Wow. How was this graded?!

Beckett has Pokemon experts, right? That one guy has been on Leonhart’s videos but I don’t know if he’s doing the actual grading.

This is a very easy way to make quick and high money. TPC should really changes the way to identify Staff cards imo.
Grading companies are not that much expert to identify these kind of counterfeits

2 Likes

Ironically majority of the TCPI staff aren’t experts themselves. There are more conflicting stories about obscure cards than consistent. Basically the best candidates are the collector experts who have the most exposure with these cards. However the most qualified people aren’t going to work for the low wages grading companies offer.

1 Like

Btw, I just post links… If someone could do some screenshots that will be available even when the listing expires would be awesome. I am not able to post images from my smartphone.
Just to have a better historic. TIA

Just install Taptalk on your phone.

1 Like

Links expire when they’re removed from ebay or become obsolete when ebay archives the images (6+ months?). Screenshots can be fickle depending on what hosting service is used. Either way there’s no surefire way to archive them without fail.

Thanks for the kind input.

The problem is, all cards that have a stamp put on them are in danger of losing all credibility and value. The lowlifes will get better and better. Even now, reputable grading companies are slabbing them.
For me, I won’t be buying anymore cards with after production stamps. I recommend nobody does.

4 Likes

It’s sad, but true. This is making me want to avoid stamped cards.