Fake BGS Cards?

Hey all! Was just curious if this card is fake, the spacing on the HP is definitely not quite right and everything else just looks a bit off. If it’s fake you’d think the grader would’ve noticed the lack of texture? unless they can imitate texturing now? Looks like a reputable seller…

www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Pokemon-Black-White-Next-Destinies-98-Mewtwo-EX-Full-Art-Holo-BGS-9/222835140719?hash=item33e202686f:g:85MAAOSwn9VaWYeW

2 Likes

Just tried to verify the cert and there’s no record… That’s quite an elaborate fake.

It’s a real slab, just looked up the cert and it was correct. You may have entered in the cert # wrong.

No I think I was using the wrong tool, this one must be for something else? beckett-authentication.com/verify-certificate

Yup, that is a different kind of slab

1 Like

Yes that is a fake card.

Here is the real example.

Here is the fake.

Notice at the top left corner where it reads “basic” the fake is the incorrect color. Also the energies look different, the texture is different, and the “Pokemon ex rule” is mis-aligned on the fake. Notice how on the real copy the first sentence in the Pokemon ex rule is indented, and on the fake it is not.

4 Likes

Dang fake are getting through bgs …
This is not a good sign :sob:

I’m surprised it slipped past BGS… It’s a pretty terrible fake, maybe it slipped past because it’s not a very high end card?

Good eye, @willyboy

2 Likes

That’s… embarrassing.

1 Like

Found a picture of the person who authenticated the card

13 Likes

Live look-in at the “BGS is better than PSA” people

10 Likes

rip me selling chinese bgs on eBay…from China.

5 Likes

Although BGS doesnt destroy gem mint shadowless venusaurs by denting them with their machine press.

1 Like

At least when Billy does damage a card, you’re entitled to compensation through PSA. With BGS you’re SOL if you end up buying this card.

I happen to know him and let him know. I’m sure he’ll close it.