Ex. of a Tampered Shadowless Box for sale by ->coltowelc<-

Hi everybody,

I recently dealt with a scammer on ebay and i just wanted help out the community by letting people know so that they can avoid buying from this seller.

I bought a “shadowless” “clear wrapping” box from this seller.

www.ebay.com/itm/1999-POKEMON-SHADOWLESS-BASE-SET-BOOSTER-BOX-1999-CHARIZARD-FACTORY-SEALED-/331844251576?hash=item4d43756fb8:g:bsQAAOSwlfxXGw0y

Identical box with wizards logo:
www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-BASE-SET-BOOSTER-BOX-GREEN-WINGED-SHADOWLESS-One-Country-Code-wizards-/331824766802?hash=item4d424c1f52:g:kpgAAOSwAvJXBeKG

I was able to buy this from the seller within an hour of him listing it. Just to make sure the seller was legit, I looked through the stuff he sold. I saw an identical box he has sold and it had the wizards logo all over it!! It was identical to the “clear wrapping” box he was selling! If you look at the pictures you can clearly see that the exact location where the cellophane seals, also how it was sealed is identical! After looking at this i immediately asked the seller if he had tampered with it. The seller then very politely answered no. Believing him, i waited for the package to come… unsurprisingly, i received the box and could easily see multiple wizards logos he “tried” to rub off with who knows what. Also, The box did not contain shadowless packs! Can easily tell by pushing down the tab of the box. I can post pictures of it if anyone wants to see the “proof”.

I emailed the seller and complained and asked for a refund by sending the box back. He was very quick to accept the return… However, what made me irritated was that the seller claimed that the box was damaged when he received it back… he threatened to contact paypal… He even replied to the negative feedback i left him stating that i had opened the box and reglued it/the cellophane back together. LOL

BUYERS PLEASE BEWARE!! He has listed it back up once again! Obviously the box was not damaged when returned… Please avoid this seller! He had multiple negative feedbacks! including one wheere he has sold weighed packs. He is even selling weighed packs in his store!

Here is his box relisted:
www.ebay.com/itm/331856735968

I’d Hate for anyone to go through what this seller put me through!

PEOPLE DO RUB OFF THE WIZARDS LOGOS! IT IS REAL!! BEWARE!!!

4 Likes

Yeah this is why you should go through well known people privately.

1 Like

Agreed, This was my first time buying something so expensive on ebay… Bad decision that i didnt look him up a bit more before buying from him -.-

1 Like

ask @garyis2000 he knows the peeps that sell wizards boxes and will always be legit.

So always buy sealed boxes with the wizards logos or pokemon logos on them right?
I think that was the sign it was a scam when it was resealed like that. Need to be careful.

Yeah dung…we have been discussing all this this past few days but thanks for the extra info.

1 Like

If u have photos definitely post them

This is why one does not simply buy a shadowless base set booster box in an hour.

1 Like

I reported the seller for good measure. There is no room for fraud in the free market.

2 Likes

Can’t a legit green wing clear wrap box still have regular packs inside though? Or maybe that is only from past logo washers of boxes that original were logo’ed?

Dreams of opening a shadowless box slowly crushing… I was confused before and now its only going to get worse from here.

1 Like

If it was legit, and sometimes great boxes do get listed well below market as buy it nows, you sure as hell be ready to pounce in under an hour. I have scored some amazing deals from buy it nows within 5 minutes of them being posted let alone an hour. Probably 5/10 of my best scores ever were newly listed buy it nows well under market price.

1 Like

I believe only 1st edition boxes had the clear wrap.

nope, early green wing boxes have the clear wrap

1 Like

Here are some pictures i took before i returned the box. It was most apparent on the venusaur side. as you can see two different logos. he rubbed them off pretty well on the other sides.

Attachments:

1 Like

I definitely learned my lesson.

UPDATE:
the seller has received more negative feedback and one of them is also a victim of receiving a tampered booster box…

1 Like

Small world, this guy tried scamming me with his psa 10 base set kanto trio holos for 650$. I paid for it and he said he got a “better offer” and refunded me

that is crazy. I want to see how much bad feedback he is going to get

Yea dude, this guy makes some ridiculous excuses and lies in every message he sent me…

1 Like

THERE IS REPORTS OF CLEAR WRAPPED BOXES HAVING UNLIMITED CARDS IN IT. THIS BOX IS MORE VALUABLE SEALED THAN IT IS OPENED UNLESS IT DOES HAVE SHADOWLESS. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IN IT BEING UNSHADOWED. TY

what a scum bag

1 Like

There are 3 known types of Green Wing boxes: Shadowless, Unlimited, and mixed Shadowless and 1st ED cards.

Did you take pictures of the smudged logos? That would be the most damning evidence.

Edit: