Evidence of Recoloration - PSA

I worded my original response carefully to say that a return might not be warranted IF the recolouring is not apparent. If it is, by all means OP should try to get a refund.

1 Like

Just as a side note for the option. You can get the cards authenticated only, and it’ll come back with an altered authentic label. It’s a weird label that can sometimes get a premium with some collectors due to it being an unknown label and a lot of PSA grade completionists want it, even though it’s obviously one of the easiest labels to get. It’s a tough sell so not a lot of people do it, but it’s an option.

Cards can also appear to be altered even when they’re not. In a recent PSA submission I made through Ludkins, they pre-screened a card as “Light blue discolouration bottom reverse border. PSA may not grade, but will still charge.” The card in question was one I pulled from a booster pack from inside an unopened trainer kit.

I had the same thing happen to me except it was the big 3 (unlimited). I didn’t ask for a refund but I never bought from the seller ever again. I think what my grader did was remove the ink on the border for me. So once they remove it, you can try sending it back in? Otherwise I’d take the loss, or maybe put it in a binder and let it sit :slightly_frowning_face:

Pictures don’t do it justice. But I ended up selling a complete base set with these cards.
I was relatively new to collecting when I bought these.

Seller Pics:

Charizard Front

Charizard Back

Blastoise Front

Blastoise Back

Venusaur Front

i.imgur.com/crup5tO.jpg[/img]

Venusaur Back

My pics after i tried grading them.
Charizard Front

Charizard Back

Blastoise Front

Blastoise Back

Venusaur Front

Venusaur Back

1 Like

@smpratte did PSA really deny Fukuda signatures?