Error Evolutions Pikachu Reverse Holo

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know anything about this evolutions error reverse holo pikachu? I just saw this listing on ebay, and I know the price is crazy but would love to know more info about it if anyone has any. Card appears authentic given CGC grading, but since it does not have error label I was not sure. Thanks!

1 Like

It just looks like it’s been purposefully sunfaded on the portrait and the seller is trying to grift people. (Or has been grifted and wants to move the burden onto someone else)

Edit: I am wrong

1 Like

XY Evolution has a lot of color misprints, and this is just one of them. I actually have one myself as well, and have seen it a couple times before. The non-holo Pikachu is also available in blue-ish and maroon.

Here a picture of all three of those misprints at the bottom (as well one that’s only slightly lighter purple compared to the regular non-misprinted versions at the top):

The blue-ish and maroon misprints occur when they’ve used too much blue or red ink respectively. And the RH misprint you’ve linked and can see at the bottom-left above seems to be missing it’s magenta CMYK color layer completely.

Greetz,
Quuador

10 Likes

I believe that @quuador is correct.

If the art box was sun-faded, the trees and greenery around Pikachu would also be faded, but they are not. Notably, the red ink (magenta and yellow combined) and purple ink (mostly magenta with a bit of black and cyan) is low, suggesting that the magenta layer is to blame.

Notice how the fighting energy is also light and not as reddish/brown as usual. This is also an indicator that the magenta ink layer was affected.

That said, this seller is out of their mind if they think this Pikachu is worth $5,000. It’s so typical of modern error collectors nowadays. :confused:

1 Like

That is really some wild variation in colors. It is neat to see them lined up like that though!

1 Like