Error Card Collectors Only

Curious to hear what our error collectors think of these three cards.
The first picture (two cards) have a similar smudge or whatever you call it.
The second pic is an Energy where the Symbol on the front is smudged (not shown) but the transfer symbol on the back is very clear when compared to the dozens of others I’ve had. This one you can almost read all the letters.
Looking forward to opinions, and thanks in advance,
Rarity?
Value?

1 Like

For the second pic, I have a few 1st Edition Energies with similar transfer I will take some pics. They are pretty rare I have around 200/300 energies and maybe 5 or so have the stamp transfer on the back

2 Likes

Are any as clear as this one?

@shizzlemetimbers, Same here! I have some energies with the imprint on the back. A few are pretty clear as the one Gary posted.

2 Likes

Not as crispy on the letters

2 Likes

I have some transfer stamps that overlap the “P” in Pokemon too, maybe is a good indicator on how the grey stamps came to be although taking the ink off the back of another card and getting grey stamp is a bit confusing

2 Likes

Yes, all my others are like these two. This one though is very discernible.
Scott, how are yours?

I’ve got this golduck here that has a similar ink smudge to your first two pictures. I have a few fossil cards that have it. Its cool to see it on some base cards! I think they are super cool! I personally would pay extra money for cards with this “error”. Its unuiqe and infrequent in occurance so i think it warrants a several dollar premium.

@garyis2000 @shizzlemetimbers @smpratte For the white imprint on the back, it doesn’t happen with just Energies. I’ve got a Pikachu with a white imprint on the back as well, but it’s positioned in the middle as imprint from a regular Pokémon card, whereas the stamps for Energies like you have are at the top (and it’s also possible to have it near the bottom from a Trainer imprint).

Instead of a white stamp, it is also possible to have a black imprint. I personally see those more often. For the black imprint it’s simply the 1st edition ink that wasn’t properly dried yet when the uncut sheets were stacked on top of each other (which might also be the cause for some of the grey stamps at the front).
I’m still not sure how these white stamps are formed however… At first I thought the ink might have acted kinda like glue, ripping the front of the card with the 1st edition stamp, causing the card residue (the white) to remain. But I don’t see any evidence of this on the white imprinted Pikachu I have. If anyone has a more plausible cause for these white imprints on the back I’d love to hear it.

I also mention both in my 1st edition stamps variations article (as White Back Imprinted stamp and Black Back Imprinted stamps respectively). The white back stamp on my Pikachu isn’t nearly as clear as your cards, though. (If anyone has a Pikachu with white back imprint that’s clearer, I’d love to buy it. :wink: )

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like