Emotional Rollercoaster: Reviving Blastoise

Hey all! I just happened across this video today and got an unexpected flood of emotions throughout it.

How many of us have lost a saved game, or game cartridge, or a Pokemon for one reason or another? How many still think about it? Kids are so impressionable, and Pokemon games undoubtedly taught me many lessons at a young age.

I will never forget my Ninetales, Flare, in Pokemon Sapphire. I painstakingly entered her in contests and spent so much time grinding berries for blue Pokeblocks. When I was finally able to win the Masters Beauty Contest with her, I felt pride like I had never felt before as an 11 year old. Sadly, that Sapphire cartridge was misplaced over 10 years ago, and I still think about it to this day. If I was ever going to bring a Pokemon through the generations, it would’ve been Flare…

Anyways, I thought this video was awesome, and I would love to hear some stories of long lost Pokemon or games if anyone is willing to share!

8 Likes

I still have Tornado on a cartridge somewhere, he’s a level 67 Blastoise and I used him to beat Leaf Green over 18 years ago.

Biggest losses, hmm. Probably the shiny Loudred I had on a Ruby save file, can’t remember the exact circumstances of his disappearance.

1 Like

Wholesome video.
I speak for everyone who played GSC on the GBC and don’t know yet how to change the internal dead battery: just :smiling_face_with_tear:

Personally I remember when my pokemon crystal died.
One day I wanted to look back at my save file of gold (my first ever game, my oldest playthrough, I had an army of cloned dragonite and train a dragonite damn was hard so that save sure was old I didn’t want to lose them). Save gone. I panicked, I cried. I took the game off and put inside my crystal cartridge and it was still safe.
A few days later that save file died too…

It’s not like I remember the exact day it did, but it felt like when you know one of your pet is sick and next to die and you know it’s just a matter of time, and you want to stay with it the most you can while it lasts.

Not any save file of a veteran player could take back the nostalgia of the original first step we made into pokemon.

1 Like