Ebay recommending Yugioh and Magic when I search pokemon

So I’ve used ebay for many many years and sometimes I see yugioh and magic under pokemon when I search but most of the time it’s just a few here and there. Last night and this morning I’m seeing an overload of magic and yugioh products when searching pokemon. Why? Is there a way to change this? I search for some specific things every day and than for pokemon newly listed BIN to see if any crazy things got listed or something I wanted got listed under the wrong title example if I want shadowless psa 9 vulpix and they listed as just base vulpix psa 9. So how do I get around this. Is it just a thing that happens sometimes? Has anyone else experienced this?

3 Likes

Yes, I use the search term pokemon to see what I can find, and last night I got a mix of yugioh and magic for some reason. Very annoying as now I have to go through triple the results.

1 Like

same here it just makes it annoying having to look through results that are clearly not related to the search term.

Don’t know if trolling or not

Mine keeps switching the category to CGC cards as well… I clearly search “Pokemon PSA 9 1st Edition …” and yet CGC, Yugioh & Magic pop up…

Ebay have changed category ids now from “Pokemon Individual cards” To “CCG individual cards” and it is showing up anything in that category for some reason. Best quick fix for now is to put your search terms between “” for example instead of Pokemon PSA 9 1st Edition search “Pokemon PSA 9 1st Edition”

You are not the only one!

Today the usual search I’ve been doing for years is now throwing Yu-Gi-Oh cards back at me.

There has definitely been a change somewhere. It was so abnormal that i did consider posting this question here myself.

I Noticed today when i was uploading some auctions to ebay and it was giving me all this extra “MTG colour” and all the MTG item specifics. Thought i did something wrong so i was playing with the spreadsheet multiple times before i realised ebay had just changed it.

Doesnt even make sense to be honest it was all working before? like i said before just put your search term inbetween quotation marks :blush:

It’s the same for me. I entered Yugioh in the search bar an get tons of Pokemon articles

I noticed this too. I mentioned in another thread, but one thing that’s helped me when searching for new listings under ‘Pokemon’ like I usually do is to set the Category to All, and filter by Game to just Pokemon in the side bar. This way I’ve been getting the amount of listings I’m used to, and not 3 million including Magic and YuGiOh.

3 Likes

Assuming everybody categorizes them correctly…

I just use -“mtg”, -“magic the gathering” in my search term.

I’m glad I’m not the only one, yes putting pokemon as the game did get me back to normal so thank you for that info! Anyone else with this problem should change it to pokemon as the game.

So you use the phone app or the website? Having a bit of trouble with the app

This does work in the app (you have to scroll down a bit more in the filters). The one thing I can’t figure out is how to lock the “game” search field in the app like most other fields.

They should change the category id back. Can we start a petition? keep the yugioh magic card out.

ebay knows you need to broaden your horizons