Ebay Negative Feedback Removal, and Swaperoo case advice

Thought Id share our experience as it may help others with the shitty system, it is getting harder to contact ebay and in the past Ive been able to get unwarranted negative feedbacks removed pretty easily but this occasion had a real hard time.

A buyer bought 2 items, separate orders. They did a swaperoo on us and sent us back their old part claiming we sent a faulty item, like filthy corroded 5 years of use. We lost to the system, 3 different representatives said its the risk of trading online and they cannot prove it. The buyer then left a negative feedback on the other order he purchased from us.

Took the usual break / de-steam and accepted the case. In contacting ebay again re feedback removal, The representative was more helpful but wouldn’t remove the feedback as the buyer may have an issue with their other order. I tried explaining he’s blatantly left the feedback out of spite but they don’t work like that, its que cards only for them.

By chance he said but I can help you with the fraudulent case you lost against them, Your seller protection covers you, I will email you a Affidavit, sign it and return and we will flip the case outcome. Mind Blown I did and in 2 days it was reversed. Why didn’t the other 3 people tell me this? Ive also been trading with them for 15 years, as they tell me at the start of every call but have never experienced this seller protection. This representative also told me, I need to contact the buyer and ask what is wrong with the other item he left negative on, and promise a return for a full refund. If he doesn’t reply or do so they will removed the feedback.

I mean they’ve accepted he’s fraudulent now but wont remove the feedback. I did as he said and waited 2 weeks, even though I’m offering someone who attempted to shaft me, to basically be able to do the same thing again. A sweet message along the lines of 'We really like to provide an excellent service, we see you have left a negative feedback, please return the item for a full refund if you’ve had any issues with it whatsoever!

Got no response (no surprise) but 4 calls to ebay later and they all said sorry its the buyers experience we cannot remove this feedback.
This morning I tried a online chat, informed them nothing of my experience with the seller, only that they bought an item a few weeks ago, left a negative and they wont return it or answer my message. The Agent just said, no problem I can see you have a very very good account I have removed the feedback.

Hurrah! Just need to bill someone for my 8 hours of stress now.

In conclusion:
We can now sign an Affidavit which literally says I confirm what I am saying is true.
If your representative is not helping, aim to end the call and start with a new one the next day.
Treat them like bots, do not try to explain too much.
Use Key words/phrases ‘We work hard to provide a great service’ ‘We wouldnt want this experience to put off other potential buyers’.
Only speak about one concern to each representative, Even if you have multiple combined problems on the same item/buyer, ebay cannot multi task.
Do not call up in a grump, be overly happy and thankful for their support.
It appears some reps, maybe new ones have less access/experience to finalising a decision. If you sense this keep calling to find another.
To remove a feedback, make contact with the buyer before speaking to ebay. They will do anything to not have to do anything so give them no option.
Expect to not win / get an answer the first time. This will really help the stress of it.

20 Likes

@justmatt, This is great info. The affidavit part is news to me. It really illustrates the fact that you can speak to 10 different agents and get different answers each time. This also works in favor of the bad guys in some instances.

3 Likes