eBay International Shipping to replace GSP

I’m sure many others received this email as well, but this is pretty interesting. Especially the part about returns.

Over the next few weeks you will be automatically enrolled into eBay International Shipping, a new program designed to make the process of international selling and shipping more convenient and cost-effective.

eBay International Shipping retains all the elements of the eBay Global Shipping Program and eBay international standard delivery, and provides these additional features:

• eBay handles returns. If a buyer wishes to return an item, eBay will provide them with a return label and issue a refund, at no cost to you. The seller keeps the sale.
  • No international selling fees. There are no international selling fees on items sent through the eBay international Shipping program.

Once enrolled, your new listings will automatically default to eBay International Shipping and any existing Global Shipping Program listings will be automatically updated.

9 Likes

Time to launch a new international return fraud branch of my business. Double your money with this one weird trick ebay DOESN’T want you to know!

3 Likes

Interesting. Does this mean you keep the money and ebay keeps the item?

1 Like

Seems that way. I wonder how that’s handled overall, like do they get to a certain quantity of items in a warehouse and bulk dump them somewhere?

Idk how I feel about that overall, especially if you’re selling something that, if a return happens, you would rather have back

2 Likes

I wonder if this will change shipping costs at all

Prices have increased 2x-4x shipping to Northern Europe :disappointed_relieved:

The Global Shipping Program prices are 2x-4x more!?!?

Just 1 example

1 Like

dies of cringe

1 Like

I don’t know about you, but up until a month not so ago my packages going through GSP would start being processed the same day they arrived at the eBay warehouse, or the very next day at the latest. Now my GSP sales are taking a week plus, to get processed and shipped out to the buyer.

Processing for my last order went by quickly, like the next day or so. But after they shipped from GSP location, it’s been 1 week and no update. It will probably arrive in country sometime next week, if not it’s really slowed down compare to before.

So basically if I understand, ebay is going to cover returns moving forward? If so I can’t believe that is real life. Either way we are pretty luck as most international buyers already have a vault account. Compared to 2020, most of my international buyers are using a vault address.

8 Likes

Is this only on ebay.com or all other ebay sites (ie: ebay canada, ebay uk, ebay italy…etc)

In addition to ebay handling returns now, it is pretty nice for sellers that there’s no more ~1.65% international fee too. I can’t speak for the international buying experience, but I have found that I’ve had significantly more international offers/buyers ever since this program was implemented.

1 Like

I have bought something on ebay and it’s almost funny how many hands touch my package
I bought it on 16 januari and it didn’t even leave the USA. This stinks.
So if this the new shipping program it’s even worse,

1. Jan 25, 2023

7:18am

Dispatched by US Carrier

FOLCROFT, PA 19032

1. Jan 24, 2023

5:43pm

Sorted by US Carrier

FOLCROFT, PA 19032

1. Jan 21, 2023

1:28am

Electronic notification received

FOLCROFT, PA 19032

1. Jan 20, 2023

11:56pm

Processed by US Carrier

FOLCROFT, PA 19032

1. Jan 20, 2023

11:26am

Arrived at Consolidation Center. Shipment is being processed.

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176

1. Jan 20, 2023

12:46am

Arrived at Post Office

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176

1. Jan 20, 2023

12:45am

Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility

PHILADELPHIA PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

1. Jan 19, 2023

11:24pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility