Ebay buyer claiming 1st edition pack I sold him is tampered

What’s funny is that in his opinion I’m the one being unreasonable lol. I have included the link to this thread on the dispute page so both ebay staff and the buyer can see it, hopefully he posts some pictures!

Regardless all the pictures he sent ebay and the pictures I had on the listing are included in this post. I will also leave a link to the sold listing itself below.

www.ebay.ca/itm/264122180796

Hopefully he’s sincere and won’t shy away from here. We are impartial and can answer all his questions;)
-Gary From Pawn Stars

1 Like

Thanks Gary!

Just got this from the buyer in question.

"The buyer sent you a message

Look I read the efour discussion you placed. I dont have time to entertain this any further. Have your source see the pictures you posted and have Gary comment on those. One of the comments clearly states my concern. I do not wish to have you try to convince me that my concern is not valid."

1 Like

Doesn’t have time?

It apears to me he’s a reasonable person and I respect that.
There is a manufacturing issue but no apparent tampering. The problem isn’t really uncommon though. Many of my packs are similar. Unfortunately, Wizards wasn’t known for their quality control:(
I hope you guys can work this out amiably. Obviously you’re both serious enthusiasts and I’d hate for this situation to change anything.
If I can be of further help both of you can PM me for my phone number:)

1 Like

Good Guy Gary. :heart_eyes:
Triple G in the clutch

3 Likes

What if you just give this buyer and eBay a big middle finger? Do you have to issue the refund yourself or does eBay have the authority to redund it from your account linked with ebay/PayPal or however its set up? If they can’t touch the money in your account then what can they do? Say you just said dude I’m not refunding you whatever you do, would eBay go to the lengths to take you to small claims court and all that jazz? Or is the worst that happens they ban your account from selling or something? If that is the case, For a $1000 pack id forfeit my account and just make a new one. Unless you’re like a huge eBay seller and it’s your livelihood, you know? At this point most people seem to know that buyers can get away with this kind of snenanigans by now, it sucks. There is alot of jackwagons out there that are greedy and unmoralistic who do this crap regularly, this dude sounds like he’s one of them. I hope you get this resolved quickly and in your favor dude. Rock onnnnn

ebay/paypal will rip the cash straight out of your account lol

and if you dont have the cash available you’ll just be put in the negative

1 Like

Ahh i see! I figured they would have a policy instituting a method such as that but didn’t know for sure haha. Man eBay can be some pretty tricky business sometimes

I’m sure you can just charge back PayPal and eBay if they take money out of your account.

Has the buyer opened or tampered with the pack? If not I would just refund and get the pack back and sell it again for a little bit more to cover the costs of the first sale, win win.

Now of course, I don’t know this guy from a hole in the wall, but based on this one message, even if you DO have to take the return, I think you will safely receive the pack back in the mail.

Sometimes, you can just get a read on a person from a couple of sentences, and based on what he said here, he doesn’t seem like the type of guy who will try to rip you off. He just seems genuinely concerned.

1 Like

Last message from buyer:

“Look if you would like to give me Gary’s number I would call him but considering how rude you have been through this entire process I have no desire to do any leg work for you. At this point I regret buying the pack from outside the United States.”

This man is not reasonable and it seems to me like he never had any intentions on honestly buying this pack. I think it would be best to contact police in his area at this point.

What?! :open_mouth: The police for wanting to return an item? He seems pretty reasonable. Maybe he weighed it, maybe he really does have legit concerns about the authenticity of the pack (which you can’t guarantee is untouched since you are not the original owner), maybe none of these things. I understand paying for the shipping is rough, especially outside the country, but it is what it is. Get the pack back and sell it again, its not like its a hard to sell item.

4 Likes

The pack is verified as being authentic if you read this entire post. His reason for requesting a return is because the back is “non authentic” and “tampered “ with. Now that these claims have been proved false there is no reason for a refund. Now he is saying he wants to return it because I am rude.

As for police action, were all working under the assumption that this man sends a different pack then recieved or nothing at all. At this point there is no reason for the dispute to be open, it’s just because I’m a rude person apparently.

This isn’t about shipping for me. I’m not running a business, these are my personal cards. I’m not going to let people walk over me, I know any other member who has been scammed on eBay in the past feels my sentiment. In the past two days I’ve heard 100’s of horror stories regarding buyers doing things like this to sellers on a regular basis.

1.You cannot guarantee this pack is authentic, you yourself said you did not pull it from a box, you bought it “before tampering was a thing”(which is not true). I am sure its legit, as are most people, but it is what it is.

1. Ebay allows anyone, anytime to return an item, you agree to this as you sell on there. He has a concern with the wrapping, and wants to return it. I’ve had people return base packs before because the charizard was small or less orange. You won’t convince someone, stop wasting your time.

2. You assume he will send back a fake pack, or nothing or whatever trying to scam you, and you want to call the police before anything happens? Literally nothing has happened aside from someone wanting to return an item, no scam etc. He seems reasonable in his messages and spent time looking at the things you asked him to do, he was not convinced. Even went as far to say to get Gary’s number, that is beyond imo. There are plenty of good people in the world, sometimes its as simple as that.

I still cannot believe you want to call the police on a guy who *MIGHT*(without any proof) scam you. Cross that bridge if it ever gets there.

6 Likes

Sometimes I learn why buyers protection has to be favored over sellers protection.

2 Likes

This is honestly crazy to me. You have to offer refunds on eBay. When sellers write no refunds on their listings it doesn’t matter. I’ve dealt with multiple refunds before and it is very rarely a problem. One time I lost a 60$ magic card to someone, but that is one out of multiple dozen refunds, many of high value.

I understand it is frustrating, but you have no grounds to call any authority unless the guy actually does something wrong.

1 Like