eBay Auction Strategy

Bid high on overpriced trash

It has come together nicely, plus the 2 Full Art Zekrom Legendary Treasures gold cards and 2 Full Art Reshiram Legendary Treasures gold cards I got. I only posted 1 set on the recent purchases but I actually got another one. All for 250-300 dollars but the buy it now’s have it at 1k to 1500. And yes this was all due to Gixen. For those not in the know these secret rares have a super low pop for PSA10’s but a pretty high one for 9’s (150’ish). So it appears to be hard to grade. Mine are all 10’s.

Whats overpriced trash? Because if you are talking about any design contest cards you do realize there is a max of 100 of these cards per card in the world. And that’s only if all get circulated and aren’t lost to time. So the rarity is actually rare.

This is why you use Gixen. You can buy the below card for 350 dollars using buy it now but someone got way into bidding and got it for $380. taking the emotions out of bidding saves money. This just happened.

www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-PSA-10-MIMIKYU-SCREAM-MUNCH-JAPANESE-SM-PROMO-CARD-289-SM-P-GEM-MINT-/202637133413?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

1 Like

Shade city

1 Like

What does that mean?

So the bids were not real or something?

Some sketchy stuff going on. Not a great sign when they cover or remove the cert # and/or relist the same item. Maybe they were too lazy to take pictures of their multiple copies? No way to tell if you are getting the one in the picture.

If they are shilling, it’s with accounts that were used to purchase things and/or a***a(1) who helped get it from 200 to 300. At least they don’t have the bidders hidden. :confused:

www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-PSA-10-MIMIKYU-SCREAM-MUNCH-JAPANESE-SM-PROMO-CARD-289-SM-P-GEM-MINT/192877250339?hash=item2ce8614723:g:8iMAAOSwAvNcm6Zb

Gixen chose a hell of a time to go AWOL on us today!

The main site was showing the following errors:

gixen.com said:
Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection timed out Is the server running on host “prometheus” (198.178.117.179) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/database.php on line 12
Warning: pg_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main_1.php on line 62
Warning: pg_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main_1.php on line 63
[/quote]

Nothing big but I did miss this beauty:

Time To End Bid Current Status
ENDED 337.93 203.50 USD (10 bids) NETWORK ERROR

It ended up going for around $250, but you know what the funniest part was? I had just got off work early so I decided to watch gixen in action because I arrived just in time to catch the final 5 minutes of said auction. Well I guess the joke’s on me, which is very ironic considering today’s date!

Nothing big but I did miss this beauty:

Time To End Bid Current Status
ENDED 337.93 203.50 USD (10 bids) NETWORK ERROR

It ended up going for around $250, but you know what the funniest part was? I had just got off work early so I decided to watch gixen in action because I arrived just in time to catch the final 5 minutes of said auction. Well I guess the joke’s on me, which is very ironic considering today’s date!

[/quote]
What was the item?

A PSA 10 Natta Wake Hoppip sadly. The one to complete the set.

1 Like

That’s a big one to miss :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Well, better luck next time.

Wow are you doing a full 10 set? I still need the pika and psyduck.

:wink:

there is no perfect strategy. the strategy is card-specific. for most well established cards, i think it really doesn’t matter what strategy you use. for cards that rarely appear and are very highly sought after, i would say sniping is a better strategy. if you allow people time to think, sometimes they’ll be numbed by the initial high number and decide to up their max bid, creating a bigger bidding war. again, it’s case by case and you’ll get a feel eventually. overall, sniping has worked MUCH better for me. most people’s max is not their true max, so sniping is more advantageous. i mean how many times did we come in 2nd and wished we had upped our maxes?!?!?

Just bid what you feel is honest and right.
Do your research, and try not to get too crazy and carried away.
Deal with those with good feedback and rapport.
And buy what makes you happy or brings joy.

1 Like