eBay Auction Strategy

My first Gixen snipe! Thanks for everyone’s suggestions. This is actually my first PSA card as well.

tinypic.com/r/2r3kxll/9

4 Likes

Started using ‘‘Gixen’’ like 2 weeks ago now, i can say i won more than 70% of the auctions i put a snipe on, wich is incredible. I used to hand-snipe my items before, without much success. Thanks for sharing!

My general strategy for auctions is to bid up to around 80% of my maximum bid. Then, even if my bid is miles ahead of the current win price, in the last 10 seconds I bet my 100% high bid, knowing that of course people will be sniping also. Pretty good success is general, and the lesson to take is to make sure you bid your comfortable max bid. Nothing more annoying than losing and wondering if you could gave win if you put that extra £20!!

1 Like

I didn’t know that Gixen was a thing, thank you for the tip.

I used to just bid late and hope for the best.

I wait until about 7 seconds left and then put in my max bid

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in the previous pages or not but as far as sniping goes, one time I was planning to snipe an auction as I usually do. I had something to do and like 20 minutes left til the auctions end so I brought the ebay page up (using mobile version on a cell phone) and just left the page open and did whatever I hadnto do. So in like 19 minutes I came back and watched it chime down til 20 seconds, went to put my high bid in and I got a message saying the page had timed out. In my frantic confusion i didn’t even realize what was going on at first so I tried bidding again and got the same message. So I tried refreshing the page, but by the time all this rushing and slow loading had transpired I lost the auction. I was pissed and said many cuss words. So just a warning to never let a page sit for very long before making a last second bid! I hope this helps someone!

Thank you to everyone on here for recommending Gixen–I’ve been getting sniped for years and was so frustrated thinking that these sniping services were hyper-technical, illegal gizmos for cyber soldiers. Apparently all I had to do was download an app :joy: Just sniped 17 WotC holos the other day for $31 inc shipping. Thanks again, E4! So glad I found this forum :blush:

5 Likes

Just a thought, does Gixen place a bid using a rover link?
Or is it possible to do so?
In that case the creator would earn a lot of money this way right?

The purpose of rover links is to attract people to eBay (this is the purpose of referral links to begin with). Where Gixen isn’t linking anyone to eBay there would be nothing for them to gain as nobody would actually be visiting the rover link - even if they did use one, it wouldn’t gain them anything as it wouldn’t gain eBay anything. That said, Gixen actually uses eBay’s OAuth API to submit a bid, so there are no rover links (or conventional links) involved.

Thank you for the explanation. Wasn’t really sure how the technology behind it works, just thought it would be interesting for them if they would. Makes sense that it does not work for them.

1 Like

Gixen’s main source of income is its Gixen mirror subscriptions. That’s why it will often prompt you with the information on the service. It has nothing to do with the rover referral links.

1 Like