E4's Favorite Squirtle Art <$5?

My 5 year old nephew has been infatuated with Pokémon lately.

Initially I was excited but I’ve since learned he has taken a liking to Squirtle…

I grasped my pearl’s and prayed he would change his mind but it was to no avail.

While I don’t condone his decisions, I do want what’s best for him.

My intent is to give him a binder with badass Squirtle cards that he can build on overtime should he choose to do so.

With a heavy heart I’m asking for your favorite Squirtle arts < $5?

6 Likes

I rather like this one, although I’m kind of a sucker for vibrant colors:

The holo/stamped variety will run a little higher but these are $2.00 on TCG Player, or there is a pretty nice looking one on eBay here for the same price and free shipping.

Good luck!

12 Likes

The best Squirtle. And when he’s older, you can get him the reverse holo. :slight_smile:

And for a very special occasion, the cutest Squirtle.

17 Likes

Stretching the $5 limit by a little bit, but can’t not mention expedition base squirtle

8 Likes

This was the first Squirtle that came to my mind too.

After searching Squirtle cards on TCG Player, I came across this one that I really like and didn’t know existed:

Not my favorite art, but the holo 25th anniversary Squirtle should be good for kids too (shiny, shiny!)

12 Likes

Hell yeah! That’s beautiful! Thanks for the link I bought it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! This is going to be such a cool binder for your nephew, Squirtle is a great species and an OG. It’d be cool to see a pic or two once you get some cards together!

1 Like

Thanks!

I’ve added both to the cart. That first one is really cool!

Excited to see what that blue border looks like in person!

1 Like

I know you said under 5 dollars but I gotta post one of my favorite promos of all time (its quite a bit more expensive than 5 dollars)

Maybe you can get it for him when hes a looooot older

12 Likes

I also wondered what the blue border would look like. With the pokeball stamp, the card certainly has some cool features! (And you get the bonus of a second Squirtle down in the bottom right :wink:)

1 Like

Thanks! Just picked up an MP copy of the first squirtle. My goodness the second one is cute. I’ll have to look into it more tomorrow.

2 Likes

The reverse is quite a bit more expensive but the normal one is in the region of $5.

9 Likes
  1. Base Set
  2. Fire Red Leaf Green #83
  3. Team Rocket

I also like both the Squirtle’s from Crystal Guardians, plenty of great arts for Squirtle

2 Likes

Another lovely Squirtle card from Team Up:

You can get the reverse holo for only $2.49 on TCGplayer.

6 Likes

You can’t have a great squirtle binder without sowsow squirtle!

Also, this one is above 5$ but when/if it gets an international release it’s likely cheaper than its current price

Also i didn’t find a price for this one but it’s a nice looking one!

v20hyi0zf5791

(I’m sorry, i’m not a fun person)

8 Likes

The Chinese one is about $7 so may be worth extending the budget slightly for some quality Squirtle art!

3 Likes

Around 30 cents US i love the cosmo border
Edit: Its really easy to find these with beautiful swirls as well

6 Likes

Ooh that’s a good one! Is that your listing?

I only ask bc I found the seller in your pic on ebay and I’m not seeing that card listed.

If not I’ll just buy it from another seller but wanted to throw you some business if it is yours.

1 Like

Such a great card! I literally just learned about these promos yesterday and purchased the Charmander!

Maybe I’ll pick one up and erm…hold it for him until he’s older…

I mean that would actually be the responsible thing to do bc it will probably be more expensive when he’s older right? :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks @c0ll3ct0r @LM23 @TortError404 @joponnes and @ReganRampage!

All have been added with the exception of the snap Squirtle. I love the kid but I don’t love him THAT much haha

6 Likes