E4 website

Am I the only one that does not get the site up on a computer?

I have been trying for several week, but login page always times out, is there something wrong or is the problem just local?

I got a tip on using Tapatalk on my phone, but I liked using the computer, better when watching other ting at the same time.

1 Like

I don’t have any problems on my PC (with Google Chrome), so might be a local problem. You can try removing all Cookies and cache perhaps. Also, what browser are you using?

Greetz,
Quuador

I’ve had the exact same problem the past week or so on my laptop and my phone when accessing via Google Chrome on WiFi. I’ve tried clearing the cache, cookies etc. but nothing seems to work. Accessing via mobile data on my phone works fine though!

1 Like

Could be your DNS, try changing it quickly with Google’s DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4), save and try opening the website in any browser, if it works then your ISP’s DNS is screwing with the website, nothing major it should ideally correct itself in time.

Multiple members have messaged the staff. Its definitely a Proboards problem. There have been a few threads on Proboards support about the issue. Since its Holiday season it might take longer than usual to get resolved.

Some members were able to use Tapatalk on their phones as a workaround. I personally only use tapatalk for mobile, its way better.

unfortunately my wife’s computer and both of our phones can’t connect to it. Hopefully it resolves soon =(

Just to add some data; I’ve not been having any problems logging in or using the site recently, I use this site exclusively on my computer and me and OP are countrymen.

I just Aldo figur out that this is only a problem with wifi

I’m on a different wifi and I was able to connect! But I’ve also had this same issue.

Using a proxy also fixes it!

Was able to connect right now for the first time in almost a week. My ISP was not liking whatever was happening with proboards

Same issue here, though not all the time. Probably happens 50 percent of the time.

Not really sure it’s fair to say it’s a ProBoards problem, though. ProBoards does a pretty decent job for a free platform that is firmly rooted in the year 2000. :rofl:

5 Likes

Was just about to make a thread on this, I thought I was silly and had some internet protection turned on.
I use this site exclusively on my phone and can use it fine using mobile data but can’t get on at all using wifi

1 Like

Hi all,

This issue comes from a third party, G-Data, that has incorrectly flagged this website as being a “phishing” site. You can see this here:

www.virustotal.com/gui/url/4e6658b8b4aa318c21b7a36ad2d086622e34e36d402b2980b99b47f9afdb0e67

Some ISPs use filtering software to attempt to block connections to “known” bad sites. This site has made it on that list. I have submitted a request to have that designation removed.

Unfortunately this is not a “ProBoards” issue or one that we really control. Hopefully this third party will de-list this site shortly, so that these errors go away for you.

Patrick Clinger
ProBoards

15 Likes

2 Likes

An excerpt from the first line one of G-Data’s blogs:

“If you take a closer look at phishing URLs for a while, you are able to identify them at a glance…”

I’m poking fun, but also want to acknowledge that they certainly don’t have an easy job. I just love the irony here.

www.gdatasoftware.com/blog/2018/05/30767-smart-phishing-defence

my whole ISP blocked the site so you wont get to see many of my thoughtful and informational posts for a while

thanks for the post @patrick whats your favourite pokemon

2 Likes

Dec 27, 2021 at 5:35pm:Hi all,

This issue comes from a third party, G-Data, that has incorrectly flagged this website as being a “phishing” site. You can see this here:

www.virustotal.com/gui/url/4e6658b8b4aa318c21b7a36ad2d086622e34e36d402b2980b99b47f9afdb0e67

Some ISPs use filtering software to attempt to block connections to “known” bad sites. This site has made it on that list. I have submitted a request to have that designation removed.

Unfortunately this is not a “ProBoards” issue or one that we really control. Hopefully this third party will de-list this site shortly, so that these errors go away for you.

Patrick Clinger
ProBoards
[/quote]

Thanks for the response Patrick. Any further news? It’s still happening for me on my home WiFi (currently at my parents so able to access fine here). Very frustrating as 99% of the time I can only access the site via mobile data and I only get 1GB of data per month :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks for the response Patrick. Any further news? It’s still happening for me on my home WiFi (currently at my parents so able to access fine here). Very frustrating as 99% of the time I can only access the site via mobile data and I only get 1GB of data per month :slightly_frowning_face:
[/quote]
Can confirm my ISP still has it blocked completely, as well. Have been browsing with VPN or on mobile.

Thought I’d come here back here to see if there were any updates… Still unable to get on using wifi. The 4g around my home is useless so makes browsing on here a real pain